QLC Crashes when opening Fixture monitor

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
pgScorpio

QLC 4.12.2 on windows 10

At some point in setting up a 'default' workspace QLC started crashing when opening "Monitor".

Attached the crashing workspace and it's latest backup which does not crash.

AFAIK I only added 27 scenes (in #Presets), with corresponding controls in virtual console, and changed some fixture channel modifiers (from invert to normal and vice versa),
and i changed some channel group names.
Also, as latest, I have been experimenting with external inputs (midi as well as dmx) and feedback , but those changes have all been removed again because I thought this was what caused the crashing.

Everything else like virtual console and simple desk seem to work normal though.
Attachments
Fixture monitor crash.rar
(40.12 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
:geek: Software is the stuff that makes Hardware flexible ! :lol:
rajones203

Hello,

I just was having a similar issue with QLC+ v4.12.7

Seems I have been able to replicate it. I thought it was adding loopback channels (and thus overloading the fixture monitor, ie. in the 2d view with too much stuff to look at). However I had noticed you said something about inverting a channel's curve. I undid an invert and POOF its stable again. I'm not sure what the issue is, but if you all want I'll upload a crash report.

Since the focus is and should be on v5 at this point, I'm not asking for a fix, just want to bring awareness and give you the gotcha. I'm 99.9% sure this is causing the crash.
______

Russell Jones
TV Professional - EVS, Producer/Director
Lighting Hobbyist
rajones203@gmail.com
mcallegari

Channel modifiers (if this is what you're talking about) are an engine feature, so they will be dragged into v5 seamlessly.
So if there is a crash in using them, I would appreciate if you can instruct me how to reproduce the crash and I can eventually fix it. Thanks
rajones203

I’ve been working through it but it seems to be a problem with a fixture profile for me. I re saved the file under a different manufacturer and re-added it and that’s how I got around it. I’m sure that badly written fixture profiles can cause crashes. For example. I accidentally added two heads to a fixture while messing around and when I tried to fix the profile this issue started.
______

Russell Jones
TV Professional - EVS, Producer/Director
Lighting Hobbyist
rajones203@gmail.com