Enttec PRO INPUT question / issues

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
dx9s

I am interested in external input control surfaces and was curious if incoming DMX information can be used to operate sliders on the Virtual Console?

In so researching, I purchased a NEW Enttec DMX Pro to augment my existing and rather old Enttec Open DMX, a very early run black not blue box, no serial number even shows up when plugged in (perhaps normal ?).

The theory was plugging an old (~2006) Scene Setter 48 DMX output into the DMX Pro, but hardware issues arise.

Having some moving heads plugged into the DMX Pro output and operational under QLC+ 4.12.2 under Ubuntu, plugging the Scene Setter 48 into the DMX Pro input causes (best guess) a timing issue and loss of DMX signals to the moving heads (they glitch* out repeatedly every 10-15 seconds). Glitch= looses DMX signal (DMX indicator turns off) and wild random movements.

Moving the Heads to the Open DMX and only using the DMX Pro for input, the moving heads don't glitch, but QLC+ doesn't see anything from the scene setter.

By best guess is a timing/synchronization issue in the buffering inside the Pro. Not sure if it is some option in the DMX Pro hardware setup or an OS issue (suspect not) or a QLC+ driver/handler issue.

I am sure that others in other setups (Windows, Enttec "driver", commercial software) probably can accept incoming DMX signals and programmatically do things with that information. But not entirely sure.

--Doug (dx9s)
dx9s

Guess nobody knows the answer.
GGGss

What I know - in windows you have a tool where you can alter the specifics of the DMX Pro (with MK2 for sure - I have those)
When you want to use a terminal as input you have to reprogram the eeprom inside (and you can change the timing if you are required)
It is also a tool to check what comes in.
But (only?) for windows...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
dx9s

What configurable settings are there? I am not familiar with the Pro that much.. Purchased it because for bi-directional DMX ports.. Can't get input to work.
GGGss

That's what I wanted to say - you have to use the tool to change channel 2 to input.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
maximortal

I got an pro mk2 and it works...try to tick the passtrough on the universe where you have the input
dx9s

Open question to anybody NOT on Windows (and perhaps OSX).

Have you gotten the DMX input on the PRO to work with QLC+ on Linux?

If so what are the exact setups you did to make it work?

Thanks in advance.

--Doug (dx9s)