SMPTE Timecode

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
TheLightGuy

My apologies if this was posted elsewhere (I searched around but haven't found anything). Is there any need, besides my own, to integrate SMPTE Timecode into QLC? I know a few people have referred to the "Shows" panel as timecode. While you can output timecode from the panel as an audio file, it doesn't seem like QLC can natively read and work with SMPTE.

I'm working with a few artists that I could see using a QLC-based console over sending out one of my MA onPC systems (simply for ease of use of the operators that artists typically have with them).

Massimo, if it is not already integrated in QLC, what level of donation would justify developing this for QLC+ 5? I'd be interested in spending some time to gain support on this financially (as well as for the palettes feature, but that's a separate topic), if it makes development easier for you.

Sincerely,
Dakota
mcallegari

Hi, among many other things, supporting external timecodes (clocks) is in QLC+ 5 todo list since a long time.
It is a quite complex and delicate change cause it heavily affects the engine with an amount of (nasty?) consequences.
My problem right now is finding the time. It's not a question of money even though it's always welcome :)
TheLightGuy

Hi Massimo,

I'm very glad to hear. I assume this is under the BPM system development on the QLC+ 5 Status Spreadsheet.

Thanks!
Dakota
ifright

I too would like to see SMPTE Timecode LTC input implemented in this awesome software.