Odd video problem (SOLVED)

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
kenact

I set up a chase with 28 videos, to replicate a Powerpoint presentation.

All videos are set to play in the 2nd screen, in full screen mode.

When I try to play the 18th video, it's just a black screen. If I keep going and try to display the 22 video, the system crashes.

I've found the same behavior in both 4.11.1 & 4.12.2

I'm running on Windows 10 x64, 2.4ghz, 6 cores, 12 Logical Processors, 64gb RAM.
Last edited by kenact on Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MingZ

Hi,

I also encontered that kind of issue with videos.
My project included around 20 videos launched with some buttons in a solo frame. The first videos were played correctly, but at some point, arond the 10th videos launched, QLC+ start bugging till it crash...

I didn't succeded to resolve that issue and finally prefered to let another software (VLC) handle the videos and only use QLC+ as a controller via scripts.
kenact

I have a possible work around, but it may not work for everyone. I've found the problem with MP4 files, but if I convert them to AVI files, I don't seem to have the problem.

When I get a little more time, I'll do some testing to see if possibly the K-Lite Codec pack may be the problem. I'll report back soon.
kenact

AVI files don't solve the problem, the problem just takes longer to appear.

With mp4 files, the memory usage increases by about 28meg per file. Once it gets over about 500mb, the images stop displaying. When it gets up to about 590mb, the program crashes.

With AVI files, it get up to about 800mb before the display fails and the program crashes.
MingZ

Interesting !
I don't know if this information is relevant but I noticed my taskbar is fulfilled with LAV Splitter icons as soon as I open my project with videos.
kenact

I just uninstalled the K-Lite codecs and replaced them with Windows codecs by Cole Williams. This seems to address the problem.
kenact

I've done additional testing, and the Cole William's Codecs haven't caused any problems. The system doesn't blackout after 18, or crash after playing 20+ MP4 videos, and it doesn't hiccup when playing AVI videos.