Enttec Open DMX USB Not Working

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
chrisghazan

I'm fairly new to lighting, however I feel I have exhausted all my research options and now need to turn to the forums for help.

I purchased and connected an Enttec Open DMX USB, along with a 3-pin to 5-pin adapter, to an LED controller, and a strip of LEDs (not individually addressable).
This is the LED controller: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072JSMSVC/

I have wired the LED strip in, along with a 12V power supply. The LED controller has a dipswitch which is a test mode, just to make sure the LEDs function, which it does work.
My problem is with QLC+ though (I think..)

I set the dipswitch on the LED controller to channel 1, I go into QLC+ and check the "output" box for the enttec, and it shows this:

Device is operating correctly.
Driver in use: FTD2xx
Protocol: Open DMX USB
Manufacturer: FTDI
DMX Channels: 512
DMX Frame Frequency: 30Hz
System Timer Accuracy: Good

Everything looks good.. however I get no feedback on the LED strip at all. I try using the simple desk and nothing happens whatsoever. I've tried adjusting the DMX Frame Frequency however I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing at that point. I have also tried uninstalled QLC+ and reverting to version 4.12.1, which did not work. I am out of options here.

Any advice?

EDIT: I have now noticed that if I unplug, plug back in REPEATEDLY, and check/uncheck the output box.. once the "system timer accuracy" shows "BAD", the lights start to work. If it changes back to "GOOD", the lights stop working. Not sure why this could be happening.