Using a Wireless DMX512 2.4G Led Stage Light PCB Modules Board

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
Ruby

Hello together,

I bought one of these boards:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/New-Wireless-DM ... SwnbZYHhya

Now I wonder how to connect this board to my Raspberry Pi. In the description, as one possibility, UART is mentioned.

Does anyone here been using this or a similar board and can tell me how to usw it with the RPI?

Thanks in advance!

Ruby
karrika

In the description they mention RS485. This is a DMX signal that it wants for input. You need to convert the 3.3V UART signal to RS485 before attaching it to the Wireless DMX512 board.

But this is a nice idea for portable equipment. A wireless Pi-HAT would be great.
Ruby

Hi karrika,

Thanks for your answer. I will try to do that!

I'm very new to this kind of stuff... so I don't really know what a HAT is, sorry :(

But I can tell you what I want to do: I have some LED wrist bands (picture attaced) from a big event, I was. I read that these are controlled via W-DMX. I'm not sure if this board is working with the bands, but I thought ~8€ wouldn't kill me :D I want to use the PI as a webserver, then make a show and only start it with a smart phone.

As already mentioned, I'm really new to this stuff and alittle assisatnce would be great :)

Thanks in advance!!
Frank

Hi,

I described a solution using a small FTDI board, via the USB connector of the Raspi...

All my lamps are connected wireless.

Frank
Ruby

Hey Frank,
Thanks for your answer!
This is Telugu really cool. I have one of these adapters and I'll give it a try.
How do I have to configure the output for it?
Frank

... don't know if this link is useful for you:

https://www.musiker-board.de/threads/ft ... mx.603378/

It is in German, but since I had seen a German eBay link with you, maybe it helps ...

Just give me a feedback if further questions are present.

Frank