Small Values in channels when they should be 0

The issues found when using the Simple Desk panel
Skohlman

Hi,

New user here and hoping this makes sense. When trying to plot, there are some channels that maintain small values, eg. 6, even when there should be nothing. Everything is at 0 in the Virtual Console but in the Simple Desk some have the small values. Can someone help me with a fix for that?

Thanks in advance!
kenact

Welcome to QLC+.

What version of QLC+?

What operating system?

What is your computer environment?

Can you define the steps to reproduce the problem?

Can you share a workspace that exhibits the problem?
LordMorb2

Hi, same problem here

I'm running QLC+ 4.12.4 in combination with Ableton Live 10 on Windows 10. It is my first light show with QLC but I can't figure out the Problem. The visual consol is doing everything correctly (like setting values to 0) but the simple desk is doing random stuff, like setting something to 4 instead of 0 even when the virtual consol is showing the right value. I'm not using the simple desk at all. The thing is, that it happens randomly, so when I loop the problematic sections, it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. It happens mostly when I try to instantly turn off the light after I'm rising it up. Sometimes the light is turning off, sometimes it is set to 4 instead of 0, sometimes it is stuck at the peak of the rising value and didn't go down at all and sometimes colors switch completly. I don't know where the simple desk is getting these wrong midi information. I'm just controlling each RGB channel of 3 lights (automatically in Ableton). So no fancy frequencies or shows in QLC. In Ableton looks everything completly fine. I'm controlling the lights via one Midi channel and I'm using the envelopes section.
sbenejam

LordMorb2 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:38 am Hi, same problem here

I'm running QLC+ 4.12.4 in combination with Ableton Live 10 on Windows 10. It is my first light show with QLC but I can't figure out the Problem. The visual consol is doing everything correctly (like setting values to 0) but the simple desk is doing random stuff, like setting something to 4 instead of 0 even when the virtual consol is showing the right value. I'm not using the simple desk at all. The thing is, that it happens randomly, so when I loop the problematic sections, it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. It happens mostly when I try to instantly turn off the light after I'm rising it up. Sometimes the light is turning off, sometimes it is set to 4 instead of 0, sometimes it is stuck at the peak of the rising value and didn't go down at all and sometimes colors switch completly. I don't know where the simple desk is getting these wrong midi information. I'm just controlling each RGB channel of 3 lights (automatically in Ableton). So no fancy frequencies or shows in QLC. In Ableton looks everything completly fine. I'm controlling the lights via one Midi channel and I'm using the envelopes section.
Welcome to QLC+.

What version of QLC+?

What operating system?

What is your computer environment?

Can you define the steps to reproduce the problem?

Can you share a workspace that exhibits the problem?

Sometimes a project may contain new user errors. Without the project it hurts to say it is failing. Can you share your project and as many details that you can share of your setup?