NOTHING SAVES?!?!?!?!

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
Gabe4312

Yesterday I was creating a save for the Wizard of Oz for a school. I spent close to 3 hours creating it and making it all nice for them. Then I saved it and left, only to come back today to a message saying we can't open this. So today I spent another 3 hours re creating what I had done and more. I saved it to a new place that another forum directed me too, figuring that would be all that was wrong. Than I closed out of QLC+, shut off the power to my Pi as usual, and turned it back on to see if it had saved. Guess what- IT DIDN"T. What am I doing wrong??????

I saved it to /usr/share a folder named qlcplus like I read on viewtopic.php?t=1794.
edogawa

Could you give some context and more detail please?

Only because I read and answered your other threads I can gather that you are talking about the Raspberry image. In case I'm correct, why do you post here to the community forum?

So if my guess is right:

The image is made to be used for playback only and the documentation tells clearly that it's not meant for editing. The PDF that came with it is pretty clear about this and describes how to set up the network use the web interface for setting up an autostart project. On the image QLC is started in kiosk mode and full screen so there is no way to save a show as usual.

Also, where does that thread talk about saving to /usr/share/qlcplus?

Jano explains and links to a FAQ document that says it all, /usr/share is the SYSTEM FOLDER. You are supposed to leave that alone, in a typical linux system you shouldn't even be able to change anything there!

With Massimos RPi image it's different because your user is root and has access to the whole filesystem.

On the other hand, when you tell you saved something to somewhere and cannot load it now, that does indicate you're using something else not the RPi image... but how should we know?

If you use a standard Raspbian and run QLC on that it's a different thing, I'm doing that too and it works for me. But I set that up on my own, even built my own deb package. I know enough about linux to run and maintain this system properly but I don't expect support for that here in the forums.
Gabe4312

From the link-
File locations for show and fixture files
Post by Willy_Pinguino » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:47 pm

hemmm Jano, I think that the question was related to the Raspberry Pi version of QLC+...

I've founded in /usr/share a folder named qlcplus that I suppose contain the installation files for the executable,
and I've seen a hidden folder called .qlcplus in /home , where I've seen the folder for the personal fixture files,

but I'm curious about where are saved the show files that an user can load from web interface, and where are located the scripts for the auto start function... it's possible to know that pats?

As for where I'm suppose to post, I'm not sure where else so if you could direct me to there that would be taken kindly.

When I saved, the only option is to save as a .qtw file, and I didn't touch anything inside of the systems folder. To save a show I go to the top left, click save as, title it and save it but not to the SYSTEM FILES.

I had no clue that there is a power down command, so I believe that from my research that is the problem that I am encountering.
Gabe4312

I should add that the power command is after I save and close out of QLC+ and I would then log into the pi and run the command.
edogawa

As there is a dedicated RPi subforum I'd assume that it is the right location, but nevermind...

Massimos answer to the post you quoted is pretty clear in my opinion.

Fact is, the QLC image starts QLC in Kiosk mode, with web access enabled, loading /root/.qlcplus/autostart.qxw.

Kiosk mode means it's for playback only, and you can't load a new project while it's running. Nor can you save a project because it does not change.

My RPi is packed away so I cannot have a look at the moment.

I tried on this laptop ,with a QLC+ instance running an arbitrary workspace in Kiosk mode and web interface enabled: in the browser I see a button "Load Project" but when I select a file QLC crashes right away. When started without -k/Kiosk mode it works.

So I don't understand which "Save" you clicked at, and I also don't know what qtw files are in fact. I don't have any such files on my system and haven't found anything in the QLC+ documentation during a quick search.

The recommended workflow is to edit your project on the remote PC, and upload it to RPi, to this file path: /root/.qlcplus/autostart.qxw, then quit/restart QLC on the RPi...
Gabe4312

I got it all working when I used the sudo shutdown -h now command. Thanks for trying to help nonetheless.