Is there a way to do this with a button in a solo frame?

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
arretx

In a solo frame, when we click a button, it becomes the focus. If we click it again, it turns off and no buttons are active.

Is there a way to setup a button such that it cannot be turned off except by clicking a different button in that same solo frame?

Sort of like the only way to turn off a function is to turn on another function.
yokosuna

You have to place your button inside a frame. Use loopback channels to disable the frame when the function
starts running. Bit tricky.
See my sample.
HTH
Lock.qxw
(5.74 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
arretx

I was envisioning some sort of need for loopback in this scenario. Thanks. I'll have a look and see how it can work with our setup.
arretx

Ahh...so the Solo frame first, then each button inside of its own frame INSIDE of the solo frame.

So now I'm trying to figure out your function setup.

You have a "dimmer 2" which I supposed could be any one or multiple combinations of channels (i.e. RGBA + Shutter + Master), and you have a "fixture" for each button's frame that locks the frame.

Is the value of the On/Off checkmark on the inside frames boolean? I see that Lock#1 and Lock#2 in scene 0 are both set to 2 on the slider, and in the other scene they're both set to 3, then you have feedback checked off on a MIDI plugin (3:).

I'm a bit lost on what is triggering the frame checkmarks to be active or inactive.

So I modified the setup, removing Lock#2 fixture and making Lock#1 fixture a 2-channel fixture. Then I removed Lock#2 from each scene, and made sure that Lock#1 was on both scenes.

What I'm seeing is that I need to create a fixture that has as many channels in it as I have buttons in my solo frame, then just use the sliders on those channels to enable or disable the frames like a really long dip-switch.

My only sticking point is why the values are either 2 or 3 and not 1 and 2 for the on/off for each frame's checkbox. Thanks!
Attachments
Lock V2.qxw
Here's my modification. One Fixture, 3 functions, 3 channels...can't figure out the 3/2 relationship as opposed to 0/1 for the on/off.
(7.08 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
arretx

One major problem with this setup. Unless there's a way to solve it, if the functions have fades built into them, the loopback won't work. If I kill all of the fades on the scenes and do a hard cut, they all work...

Is there a way around this?
mlohrey

What is it that you want to achieve with your lighting?
Maybe upload your workspace

The simplest solution is not to click the button. ;-)