setting output rate with usb to serial adapter

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
troymcclure

i am using a digitus usb to serial adapter as an cheap dmx interface, which works quite well on my mac as long as i set the output frequency lower than 44hz. when i transfer the file to the raspberry pi the lights show the same flickering as they do with the output frequency at 44hz on my mac. unfortunatelly there is no menu to adress this issue. is there some way to set the output frequency on the raspberry pi?

i´m on 4.12.0 on both devices i think.
Rob

On the Rasspberry pi, there are two ways to access QLC+, via the web interface and through a monitor and keypad connected to the Pi. The web interface has very limited functions and you cannot set the frequency of the USB-DMX dongle there.

Via the keyboard and monitor, it is just like the PC version (MAC to I image).
1) Select the Input/output tab on the bottom
2) on the right hand window pane, double click the USB dongle
3) A new dialog window appears.
4) You may not be able to see the complete contents of this window, slide the bar to the far right.
5) enter your new frequency, I use 30Hz, with my low cost dongle.

Rob
troymcclure

thanks a lot for your answer.

i'm aware of the both ways to access the pi, but by now i'm so used to do everything by ssh and web access, that i didn't even think of hooking it up with a screen.

is there a way to make this setting permanent? at the moment it is verry convenient to keep the pi running headless where it is and just updating the file it uses to autostart from time to time. the solution you are offering would mean getting it out from where it is everytime it gets updated.