Remote desktop access

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
Rob

Hello Folk

I am running QLC+ on Raspberry Pi and using four discrete GPIO to trigger scenes.

I develop my light show on a PC and then load it via the web interface on the Pi. Unfortunately, the GPIO are not configured at this point because they are not an option on the PC version. So this forces me to connect a monitor and keyboard and configure the GPIO.

1) Is this the correct procedure?

2) Is there a way to use a remote desktop so I do not have to connect a monitor and keyboard. The location of my Raspberry Pi is not very accessible.

3) slightly unrelated question: when I power down QLC+ on the Pi, I cannot change directory to the root. Permission Denied. SUDO cd, does not work either, not recognized command. If I try to log in as a super user using su, the password "raspberry" is not correct. I did not change the default password, what is the administrator password, or what am I doing wrong.

Thanks
Rob
Rob

Still looking for some help.

I found the post on Remote Desktop, yes I should have serached for the first. I successfully installed updates and xrdp.

I only get a blue screen on my remote desktop (via windows 10) when I login.

My end goad is really simple, at least I think it is. I want to remotely load a new QLC+ work space. Which you can via the web interface. Unfortunately you are forced to re-configure the GPIO via a monitor/keyboard connected to the Pi.

Please help
Rob
Rob

I did not manage to get the Remote desk top working yet. However, I did solve my problem, granted with a sledge hammer approach.

My goal was to remotely load a file with the GPIO already assigned to virtual buttons. This is how I did it:
1) After I finish updating my workspace on a PC, I save the file as normal.
2) Using a text editor, I open the workspace. QWX file.
3) I add 5 lines of text to the file, that configure the GPIO to my four virtual buttons.
4) Now I loaded this modify workspace file on the Raspberry Pi via the web interface.

Rob
zuboches

Hi Rob, please share your experience.
How to make buttons?
I also want to connect 2 buttons in GPIO
Rob

To configure a button with a GPIO :

1) on the Input/Output tab select GPIO in the right window pane and check the box for inputs. It Should not show up as an input at the top of the left window pane.
2) Double click on the GPIO line in the right window pane. In the window dialog box, select the GPIO pins you want to use. Note: there is an offset of -1 from the Pi numbering pins
3) On the virtual console tab, double click on your virtual button. Select AUTO DETECT and then toggle your I/O pin. The pin number should now appear.