x-y pad bug

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
filipek.o

hey guys i've found a bug in xy pad can anybody help with solving it in code?:)

https://youtu.be/6Pm3X-APlow

it is reaaly important to me:(
GGGss

Massimo will need clear instructions to debug.
Showing what goes wrong isn't helpful.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
filipek.o

https://youtu.be/9j2QJhQ73zY
Explanation:
One VL3000 spot is in xy pad and also i've created efx circle.
1.I attach vl300 to xy-pad
2.Add efx preset into xy-pad
3. In virtual console adjust xy pad range of efx
4.Turn on efx preset. ( it fits the range properly)
5. Put Y dimmension to range of 0
6.Turn off efx
7. Turn on efx and it is out of range in defult position (should be still in the same range as it was before i turn off efx.)
GGGss

I always use the EFX in relative mode (because I want the base position of the mover to stay in its designed region)
Enabling the EFX (on top of the base position) gives me the drama I want.
Disabling it again does my mover to go back to its base position.
Re-enabling the EFX ... the start position is a parameter so every time you restart it again it will start at base-position + offset
That is my observation.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
filipek.o

Im working this way to Develop way to change size od mu Efx dynamically. And it seems like the only way to achieve it as you can see in bigger consoles like grand ma, but this bug makes it unusfull :( coz u can’t change size to 0
filipek.o

Here is video how it works for now i''ve limited SIZE slider to 254 so it doesnt reach 0 size beacouse then new efx will not load in latest positon of range as i have presented before.
https://youtu.be/wma7QAZ04y0
Sad coz this could work like proper grandma :) hope we can get there with fixing this bug:)
GGGss

Nice way to use Ma3D view ;-)
(how did you create? You copied QLC+ fixtures into MA and then enabled MA3D in the same session ... but then? Artnet probably - but how to keep in session?)
filipek.o

Yes exactly i created session for ma3d on 127.0.0.1 and i have created a loopack network adapter ( there arę some tutorials how to do it on Windows ) on set it to 2.2.2.2 so grandma can have Artnet input from qlc on this adres :) and it works Perfectly, than just create fixtures in grandma :) I love grandma visualization coz it’s free and can import 3D models so I can show clients their room with show.
GGGss

Makes me smile ... QLC+ in control of GMa ... since you are already half way inside GMa - I would develop further in GMa for sure.
But that has cost consequences of course (not in billed hours, but in Hardware costs)
filipek.o

Yeah! But I’m creating show files mostly for churches so it has to be low price and easy to use so virtual console of qlc is perfect for this :)
ausmichael

Hi Filip,

Sorry to bring up an old thread. Do you mind explaining how you've configured the slider to control the EFX Size?
I'm looking to do something similar but can't work out how to map it.
I can use the MIDI mapping tools in the XY pad to resize the EFX but it will always resize it relative to the the top left corner, not to the centre of the XY pad.
Any help would be appreciated :)