Delete Audio => QLC crash (QLC+ 4.12.0)

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
CoS2000

Hi mcallegari,

when i try to delete Audiofiles, QLC+ will crash!

Steps to reproduce:

1. open the Workspace (delete_audio_bug.qxw)
2. go to function manager
3. under "audio" try to delete "Einlauf_Tom.wav" => QLC crash immediately

It concerns not alone "Einlauf_Tom.wav" - you can also try to delete Shania_Part1.wav oder Shania_Part2.wav - Same problem. Some Audio files are deleteable, some => Crash!

It makes no concerns if the audio file exists on your harddrive! If you try to delete this audio files in QLC+ Function Manager, then the software crashes!

Used System: QLC+ 4.12.0 on Windows 7

Hope you can help!

Thanks for your great work with QLC!

Greetz
CoS
Attachments
delete_audio_bug.qxw
(398.34 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
edogawa

I cannot reproduce your issue in my Windows 10 with latest test version https://dl.bintray.com/mcallegari/qlcpl ... 2.1.94.exe.
You may want to install that and see if it cures your problem.
CoS2000

@edogawa: I've tried Version 4.12.1.94 under Windows 7!

Cant delete Audio "Einlauf_Tom.wav" in functions manager! If i try QLC crash immediately!

Somebody use QLC on Windows 7 to test it?

Greetz and Thx for help!
edogawa

I'm sorry, I had read the Windows 7 part but forgot about it again...

I can try on another laptop with Windows 7 on it but it's at work and I'm not going there before tomorrow or tuesday.
CoS2000

@edogawa - Thank you...

Its a weird bug, because not all audio files are affected. Some audio i can delete, othtes => Crash.... :shock:

Greetz
edogawa

I tried today with your file on Windows 7 as promised, and confirm the issue, QLC crashed right away at deleting "Einlauf_Tom.wav" .
CoS2000

@edogawa - Big Thanks!

Its not a big Problem here. Ich can delete the Audio Files directly in the qxw File (its XML Format, and easy to edit), but solving this bug eventually fixed other things in save/load routines of QLC+!? Just try to help...

best regards
GGGss

@cos - since you are acquainted with editing the project files...
Maybe you can help Massimo debugging what goes wrong.
I suspect that there is an index mismatch in the way audio files are treated.

please inspect the part you delete manually vs what is entered into the qxw file.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
CoS2000

GGGss wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:08 am @cos - since you are acquainted with editing the project files...
Maybe you can help Massimo debugging what goes wrong.
I suspect that there is an index mismatch in the way audio files are treated.

please inspect the part you delete manually vs what is entered into the qxw file.
OK i tried a little bit and deleting the whole virtual console, all scenes, all functions, all scripts, all shows - i deleted everything!

In attachment now the file "bug.qxw"! Thats the "clean" file - Only the Audio Tracks are still there.

Problem: Many unused hidden Scenes are still in the file...Sometimes QLC doesnt delete the hidden scene, wenn you delete sequences...

I said in the previous posts, that a few audios are deleteable without crash - thats wrong! I cant delete NONE of audios in the workspace without crash! Everytime i try to delete a audio file in the workspace QLC crashs!

Even in the new "bug.qxw" where everything gone (only in the save file there are some hidden scenes) i cant delete any audio from workspace!

Greetz
Attachments
bug.qxw
(61.72 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Last edited by CoS2000 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CoS2000

Hi there,

its a bigger problem and general bug!

OK i've tried a little more:

delete all "hidden scenes" manualy => try to delete audio => crash
delete all "buttons" manualy => try to delete audio => crash
delete all "fixtures" manualy => try to delete audio => crash
delete all "audios" manualy (just left one) => try to delete last audio => crash

Then i made a "fresh" Workspace - New Workspace => Add Audio => Save qxw => Load qxw => try to delete audio => crash

Then i tried to open a old save, created with ver. 4.11.0 => try to delete audio (with QLC+ 4.12.1.94) => crash

Its impossible to delete a audio file with QLC+ 4.12.X under Windows 7!

Wondering: yesterday i worked with a old file where i can delete audio - tried this file today and tried to delete audio => crash!

best regards
AllanR

CoS2000
its a bigger problem and general bug!
Oh dear, I've just tried a basic workfile on Linux Mint 18.3 PC with qlcplus-qt5_4.12.0_amd64.deb
Audio files can be added and play OK, but if you attempt to delete any audio file, the file name disappears then QLC+ freezes.
You have to force-quit and restart QLC+ then you're back to the beginning. So I can't delete any audio files.

Also tried:
* WIn 7 QLC+ 4.12.0 standard release, audio files add / delete no problem!
* Linux Mint 18.3 laptop with QLC+ 4.11.2 standard release, 1st WAV file deleted ok but at 2nd WAV delete QLC+ froze. Similar results for mp3 files.

Not going well.
CoS2000

* WIn 7 QLC+ 4.12.0 standard release, audio files add / delete no problem!
Crazy edogawa and i cannot delete audio under Windows 7...

Under Windows 10 edogawa had no Probs...

Oh dear - Thats a weird bug...

Thanks for Help - in the between i deleted the Audio Files manually...

Yesterday i writed a little PHP Script which delete unused Hidden-Scenes (sometime QLC dont delete hidden scenes on deleting sequences/shows)...In my workfile it found many unused hidden scenes...

Hope for a Fix for Audio-Deleting Probs!

best regards