Problem with Sliders in Level Mode using Web Interface on Raspberry Pi

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
AllanR

I'm trying out a basic workfile on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ controlled via Web Interface. Results are checked on the Pi's HDMI output.

Using the latest Raspi image 20181110, sliders (and buttons) in function mode (scenes) work correctly, and QLC+ Monitor DMX values track ok.

However sliders in level mode do not work as expected. What happens is that although slider adjustment in the browser is reflected correctly in the Pi VC slider movement, the Pi's actual DMX levels remain stuck at zero. Note - directly moving the Pi VC slider widget by mouse causes the DMX levels to change correctly.

As a check, I reverted to the older Raspi 20180410 image and all sliders behave correctly using the same workfile.

I've attached a small demo workfile to illustrate the issue, and I'd appreciate confirmation if there's a bug in image 20181110 or if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks.
Attachments
autostart-01a.qxw
(8.42 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
LightDriver

I actually just made a forum account to report EXACTLY this issue. I'm new to QLC+ and I ws tearing my hair out most of the afternoon, thinking I was setting up something incorrectly.

I'm running a fully patched install of the 2018-11-13 Raspbian Stretch on a 3B+.

QLC+ v.4.12.0

If it's the Raspbian image that's causing the issue, could you please provide the link to the correctly working image. In your experience, if using an earlier image of Raspbian fixes the issue, does that mean updating is broken? Will updating during setup break slider functionality in the Web Interface?

I have discovered that Submaster sliders DO work correctly through the Web Interface. My workaround, as I don't have time to recompile from source tomorrow morning is to create a Level Slider, and directly overlay an associated Submaster slider for the Level Slider on top. This hides the "broken" Level Slider, but allows the user to use the associated Submaster slider as a "Level" slider.

I do hope this is fixed quickly. It's almost triple the work to set up a Virtual Console in this way.

Thanks,

LightDriver
AllanR

I'm running a fully patched install of the 2018-11-13 Raspbian Stretch on a 3B+.
I've simply been using Massimo's QLC-RPi images, The recent 20181110 version (unpatched) exhibits the Slider Level Mode problem, but the previous 20180410 QLC-RPi image (again unpatched) works correctly. I don't know what impact applying Raspbian updates to the older version would have.

The QLC-RPi images are obtainable from Massimo - see foot of QLC page https://www.qlcplus.org/raspberry.html

I have discovered that Submaster sliders DO work correctly through the Web Interface. My workaround, as I don't have time to recompile from source tomorrow morning is to create a Level Slider, and directly overlay an associated Submaster slider for the Level Slider on top.
That's a very interesting observation and I confirm it works on my demo workfile. Hopefully it will assist tracking down the root cause and a fix.
LightDriver

AllanR wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:22 pm
I've simply been using Massimo's QLC-RPi images, The recent 20181110 version (unpatched) exhibits the Slider Level Mode problem, but the previous 20180410 QLC-RPi image (again unpatched) works correctly. I don't know what impact applying Raspbian updates to the older version would have.

The QLC-RPi images are obtainable from Massimo - see foot of QLC page https://www.qlcplus.org/raspberry.html

I have discovered that Submaster sliders DO work correctly through the Web Interface. My workaround, as I don't have time to recompile from source tomorrow morning is to create a Level Slider, and directly overlay an associated Submaster slider for the Level Slider on top.
That's a very interesting observation and I confirm it works on my demo workfile. Hopefully it will assist tracking down the root cause and a fix.
I compiled from the source files on the latest release of Raspbian Stretch. It only took about two hours on the 3B+. Other than the level sliders bug, the VC has worked pretty well. I have a working demo to show tomorrow, so I'm out of the woods with the Submaster workaround. Hopefully this is able to be addressed in a future release.

LightDriver
mcallegari

Issue confirmed and resolved upstream.
The fix will be included in the next release.
Thanks for reporting.
AllanR

Fix confirmed in qlcplus-qt5-git_4.12.2.20190531.23f5fb523_amd64.deb
Many thanks for sorting.