load project via web

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
peschermer

Hello Guys,

As I continue to work on my project file, every now and then I load it to my rpi (in kiosk mode) via the web interface.
This works fine, but when I reboot the pi, an older file is loaded.

Am I doing something wrong, is it a bug, or am I expecting it to work in a way it doesn't?

With kind regards from holland
Paul Schermer
GGGss

I can only assume that your uploaded files are not the ones which are used when booting the Rpi
Verify where the webinterface writes its files to vs where QLC+ looks for it project files...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
AllanR

After 'Load Project' you need to explicitly save the file on the Pi. On my setup the default save-to location is /root/.qlcplus/..., that's where autostart.qxw resides.

Initially you could give it a unique name/revision (for backup purposes) then re-save-as autostart.qxw if you want that workspace to be loaded at the next boot.
peschermer

hey thanks for your response.

is it posible to re-save the file via the webinterface, or on the pi when it's in kiosk mode?
AllanR

is it posible to re-save the file via the webinterface, or on the pi when it's in kiosk mode?
From my limited experience of using the Pi I'd say no.

The methods I use to manage autostart.qxw are:

1) For big changes I edit and 'prove' on a PC then either:
a) Start the Pi in QLC Operate mode then upload the workfile via Web Interface 'Load Project'. When happy with the result, select 'Save' with the mouse directly on the Pi to overwrite its previous autostart.qxw
OR
b) Copy the workfile from the PC directly onto the Pi SD card using a card-reader, placing in /root/.qlcplus/autostart.qxw (requires elevated permissions to access /root/.qlcplus/...)

2) For small tweaks I do this directly on the Pi in design mode (with mouse and HDMI monitor attached), then:
a) 'Save' the modified workfile to update /root/.qlcplus/autostart.qxw,
b) 'Save-As' to store a backup copy at /home/pi/... (with meaningful name/revision)

Hope this helps.
peschermer

This helps alot, thanks!

Too bad it wont work in kioskmode. I have a 5inch touchscreen attached to my pi, and most of the time I make changes in the lay out, so it has to be in kiosk mode, or I cant see what Im doing.
rocky700

The web interface has to be perfect and that can be done by the developer as the developer will do the changes and the module has to be compatible to the interface design. The kiosk mode will be required to do the changes.
MrTK

Hello

I am just getting into working on the QLC pi version. I have loaded files via web interface before and used the save function in the web interface. (somewhere in settings). The same file is usually loaded the next time I turn on my pi, but i havent tested out what you have mentioned yet.

I just wanted to clarify that you are having issues with this even after you use the save function in the web interface?

Thanks.

I cant test this out until next week since I don't have my pi right now.
zuboches

Good day.
I installed QLC on Rasspberry exactly as described in the manual.

Please watch my video
https://drive.google.com/open?id=112Lrq ... 5gvcyz1DOd

Everything starts

1. I created a little light scene.
2. Launched it through the web interface.
3. Saved the file as autostart on raspberry

After restarting, the controller turns on, the program turns on, and the light scene does not turn on.

Please tell me how to make the light scene turn on automatically.
AllanR

Just one step missing I think - the instruction to start your chaser after workfile loaded.

Open, then edit the QLC workfile as follows:
a) Click on Functions tab.
b) Select the green flag icon on the second top row of the window (on left of Wizard icon).
c) Select the chaser you wish to auto-run. and click OK.
d) IMPORTANT - In the Functions workspace make sure the chaser you want to auto-start is NOT highlighted. If it is, click away, e.g. on the 'Chaser' folder instead.
e) Test the chaser auto-starts by toggling the Operate/Design mode button.
f) Save the workfile as /root/.qlcplus/autostart.qxw to the Raspberry Pi SD card.

I've verified this operation on a RPi 3B+ with QLC+ image 4.12.1.

Hope this helps.
Rob

I think your question has been answered. I have done it a few times in the last week. From the Web interface:
1) load the file
2) Select auto start from the configuration page.

To my knowledge there is no save button on the wed interface.