Midi control of stopwatch

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
richbass

Is there a known v4 or rpi issue with using midi PC messages to control a stopwatch widget?

I'm using the latest official qlc+ RPI build; 4.12.0

I'm sending midi PC data. I can turn functions off and on that are assigned to buttons, no problem.

When I follow the same process to play/pause or reset the stopwatch there's no response.

Any ideas?
GGGss

It might be necessary to change your input-profile to generate 'a second trigger' - don't know the wright name of it by hard ... sry
It could be that by sending a midi note, the input value 'sticks' to the first info received. (Although your midi bus thinks it's reset)

Think of a latching push button: you push - it's 1 - you push again - it's 0.
midi just puts info on it's bus 'to whom it may concern'
if you send another message into midi the 'to whom it may concerns' reacts and changes things ...
For QLC+ you pressed and pressed again: 0 -> 1 -> 0 ... nothing happens
If your input profile generates 'a second press' than above schedule would become ... 0 -> 1 ... (and by 2nd press =0) ... -> 1 ... (and by 2nd press =0) ... and things work.

try it and report please
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
richbass

Thanks for this
I'll give it a try hopefully before the weekend (and will report back) 👍

Just for added detail, I'm sending program change data rather than notes, and I have this system working when selecting fixtures via buttons in VC, but maybe the clock widget works differently when reading midi data(?)
GGGss

Just informing you - I am not at all a midi-guru ... I'm thinking in signal-trains (possibly imagining things)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
richbass

☺️👍