Xbox One BT controller jittery

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
syarbrough

I'm been trying to setup an Xbox controller to use the two sticks to control two ML units...
System in a MacBook Pro with 4.12.0, also tried with 4.11.x same jitter.

Tried with a wired Xbox 360 controller and a driver app, all buttons/triggers work, but the sticks are jumpy and move on their own without touching them..
Picked up a XB One Bluetooth controller, direct with no driver needed... same result... A friend who is a big gamer saw it and immediately said "oh, that.. Your stick dead zone needs adjusting"... But I see no where in the OS or QLC+ to setup any stick dead zone.

Also, is there a good way to use TWO input sources in the same show?
If I get this working I'd like to use the Launchpad (as I am now) for most functions, but the handheld controller for the position/brightness/color on the ML lights...
I'm thinking as a second input universe maybe? Havent tried yet, as the lights just jump and jitter when the sticks are connected to them at the moment..

Thanks!
---
Scott Yarbrough
RWLights
Hanford, CA
syarbrough

A little further testing with the Xbox controller... On my Windows 10 tablet PC (Samsung Galaxy Book) it is NOT glittery at all... (Using Xbox One BT controller). Same controller connected to the MacBook Pro that I run for the gigs, and it is glittery...
Appears to be with settings someplace in the Mac version (dead zone for the controller maybe?).
Haven't done too much more testing, as I use the Launchpad for the shows (the controller is still overriding the LP as the MB is seeing the LP and controller both as HID and can't seem to differentiate between them).

Hoping to do some more testing on it between the last gig of 2018 on Dec 20th, and the first in 2019 on Jan 5th...Would be really nice to have wireless remote capability to control the ML :)
---
Scott Yarbrough
RWLights
Hanford, CA
GGGss

The ML being the movers or moving heads - that I figured out
but what is a MB? Don't tell me the Macbook ...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

FG, OC MB is MB: Fredje Gallon, of course MB is MacBook ! :D
syarbrough

Yep. MacBook Pro :)
Typing on the phone I tend to use shortcuts, this small onscreen keyboard drives me nuts and it's full of typos ;)
---
Scott Yarbrough
RWLights
Hanford, CA
syarbrough

Ok, just read a weird article online less than a month old about gaming on the Mac... It claims the 'Xbox One controller will NOT connect Bluetooth to the mac'..... Uh... It Connected just fine, it's just twitchy to the point of unuseable... And has no adjustment for dead zone to control the jitter.

The article claimed that the Playstation Dual4 connects 'just fine to the mac'...

Might pick one of those controllers up this weekend and see if it is less jumpy...
---
Scott Yarbrough
RWLights
Hanford, CA
syarbrough

In case anyone is following this project testing...

Retured the XBox One controller and picked up a DS4... This overall works much better. And is ALMOST calm with the lights, but still drifts... not as jittery tho..

Still has an obvious 'loose' 0-position that needs to have a dead zone increased....

Also, not sure if it is from installed the 4.12.1 test version on the MBPro, but now the Launchad is IDing itself as a 'MIDI' device (it had been showing HID once connected). And the DS4 controller is playing nice with it as a second universe input controller (the XBox Once controller, on 4.12.0 was fighting with the Launcpad even when on a second universe as both were IDing as HID and somehow interacting with each other.
---
Scott Yarbrough
RWLights
Hanford, CA
n9yty

Interesting, this is still happening. Just hooked up an Xbox One Wireless to my Mac using Monterey. Autodetect found the two joysticks, but not the left D-Pad or the two triggers. However, when trying to use it the values jitter all over the place. I did set them in the channels to relative with sensitivity of 10, but not at all useful. Will have to try some other options. I tried my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, but without being able to set a deadzone it drifted terribly.