VC external input keys during video function

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Linux operating system
rickfitz

Hi - I've installed qlcplus-qt5_4.12.0_i386.deb on a laptop running Linux Mint 17.3 xfce.
I've set up two video functions, and assigned a button to each in virtual console.
Videos are configured to run full-screen, looping, on the second display (external projector).
All works ok using mouse.

If I assign keyboard keys to operate the buttons, they work fine to launch a video function, but while the function is running the assigned keys stop working. So I can't stop the video with the key, or start another (in a solo frame).

Is this a known issue, and is there a work-around?

Thanks, Rick.
mcallegari

It's a focus issue. When you launch the video the VC window lose focus and don't accept keys anymore.
Not sure but maybe an Alt-Tab might switch back to the QLC+ window
rickfitz

Many thanks for the quick response. The laptop is installed in the theatre, and I can't get back to it for a few days - but I'll experiment next week. Sounds like using midi control would work better.
Cheers, Rick.
rickfitz

As Massimo indicated - the Qt video player steals focus from QLC+, so the keys don't work.
As a workaround, I'm trying this little one-line Bash command (in a terminal) to keep the QLC+ window in control:

Code: Select all

while :; do wmctrl -a "Q Light Controller"; sleep 1; done
For anyone that's not happy with command-line & bash: it's an endless loop that uses wmctrl to set the focus to the QLC+ window once per second, so Qt steals it and QLC+ gets it back again. So far it seems to work well.

End the script with Ctrl-C, but you have to close QLC+ first in order to get focus to stay on the terminal! And for the same reason, you can't use any other apps while it's running.

Hope that helps someone. Comments and suggestions welcome...

Rick.