custom fixture not imported

The issues found when using the Fixture Manager panel
orenhalmut

Hi guys im new here so excuse the lack of knowledge
I created a custom fixture in the fixture editor with all the channels and parameters it has and saved it
but when i open qlc+ it shows up in the list but without any of the inputed info ,im using qlc+ 4.11.1 because im on lion on a mac
if i open the fixture in the editor it shows all the info, just not in the software
thank you
oren
mcallegari

Did you add modes ?
If you don't share the definition you're talking about, how can we help ?
orenhalmut

i didnt add any modes, and it doesnt matter what fixture i add, any new fixture i create only imports the name into qlc+ the rest stays as a generic dimmer with one channel but if i click on the fixture as a standalone it opens all the info outside of qlc+, it just doenst open it in the software

im using lion os on a mac and qlc+4.11.2
orenhalmut

it doesnt matter what fixture i create it always just shows the name in qlc+ but reverts all the data to a generic dimmer,
but if i click on the fixture file outside of the software it shows all the inputed info, meaning the file was save correctly it just for some reason isnt being read by the software when opened

im using ox lion on a mc and qlc+ 4.11.2
orenhalmut

i tried reinstalling the software in different versions and it repeats the same issue
i create simple fixtures just to see if it applies (meaning 2 channel color changer, but it still shows up as a 1 channel dimmer)
mcallegari

You're not getting the point: a fixture doesn't work without modes!
Defining channels only is not enough. You need to define at least one mode too.
There are fixtures that have 30 channels and 5 operational modes: 1 channel, 7 channel, 10 channel, 15 channel and 30 channel mode.
Watch my tutorials before reporting (non-existent) issues: https://www.qlcplus.org/tutorials.html
orenhalmut

you are absolutely right , i didn't get it :-), i went back abd watched your video again and added a mode and it wors, thank you
but for some reason the fixture isnt responding in the scene i added it to, it is responding on the simple desk tab but not when added to a scene, the blind mode isnt on (im trying to set everything up following the instructional video series you released on youtube)
GGGss

Oren,

Now you are posing a new question inside a thread and the one thema doesn't have to do anything with the other.
Stop doing that - you are breaking this forum.

(off topic but answer to your question: when in simple mode you see red squares underneath the sliders. When in overrule mode the red square lights up. As long these are lit, you cannot do anything.
To investigate further: you'd have to send in your project + custom fixtures and explain what doesn't work)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore