4.12 killing the network

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
Krsound

I am having an issue with the show profile from last year but I did an upgrade to 4.12 is the only change but for some reason when I load the show profile and it uses artnet and ascn my entire networks goes down nothing wants to connect to the WiFi and the internet goes on and off then I close qlc and everything goes back to normal. Then I tried it on qlc 5 and that problem doesn’t exist so I am not sure if it qlc or something on the network
GGGss

You get extra points using . (dot or point) , (comma) and the lot, over here ;-)

Unsure what you are trying to say but maybe QLC+'s settings (you are talking about artnet + ascn) can inflict problems with your network settings...
When you close QLC+ - things go 'normal' ... explainable because the conflict is gone...
QLC5 project can have (since you are talking about an ancient project file) other (correct) network parameter so that it works...

How do you think to resolve this issue?
Check for differences between 4 & 5 version of your project
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
kgogerty@mac.com

I have the same issue. QLC+ 4.12.0 basically stops other users on my network to access the internet or any local network resources. As soon as I quit QLC+ or uncheck all my art-net output connections everyone on my network is back online.

Running MacOS 10.13.5

Thanks, I thought I was the only one.
mcallegari

Is this issue present when using 4.11.2 ?
sbenejam

I'm testing right now a project with 255 channels sending dmx to artnet and all my network works well, internet access, streaming a movie on tv, ...
Testing on Ubuntu 18.04 laptop connected to wifi and receiving artnet on an Android tablet.
I'm using QLC+ 4.12.1 GIT.
kgogerty@mac.com

My problem started when I added 4 - RGB panels - 384 channels each, along with my Universe 1 with 386 channels.

not really an issue, I just need to remember to turn off Art-Net when I'm editing my show file at home.
ShortCircuit

This may or may not be related to your issue, but I have noticed that by default the ArtNet plugins use the broadcast address on your network.

This didn't cause me any trouble when I was running a single universe on a dedicated wireless network, (ADJ Airstream) but when I added a new Chauvet ArtNet to DMX controller on my existing wired network, all that broadcast traffic started causing issues.

In my case, the issue was solved by changing the settings in the ArtNet plugin to send the data only to the IP address of the controller, not to the broadcast address.

I would say that with as many universes as you are running, if they are all sending broadcast data to every node on your network, it may be causing the issue.
ralbrightii

Thanks for this information... I recently implemented and made a 25x16 RGB matrix using LOR 5V bulbs (from their clearance sale), was using a E1.31 to DMX bridge, which operates in multicast mode. When it was just that unit... no problems. But trying to add wireless nodes... nothing but problems. Changed out the DMX bridge for something else (in Unicast), and the network is once again working just fine.