CUBASE AND QLC+ CONFIGURATION

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
boboinyourmouth

Hi guys! Noob need help...

I've recently bought enntec Open DMX USB interface and it work good with QLC.
Now I would like to synch the lights with songs for my band live shows.

Someone can explain me (step to step) how i have to do to control QLC via MIDI track using Cubase?

Thanks
GGGss

Welcome to the forum

There is already talked soo much about midi...
Make an input profile
trigger cue's, scenes, ... with a midi input bound to it
this is all very very basic stuff
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
vector

this may be basic to some, for others not so simple otherwise I suspect the OP would not have asked for help?
The OP possibly could have been a little more specific with his questions but to me sounds like a typical opening post.

I couldn't find a simple tutorial or template, work flow description anywhere either.
Im sure its all documented somewhere but for those on this level the hard part is often knowing what to look for and where.
Trying to peace together threads of posts and such can be overwhelming.

This is the sort of thing Im looking to try and solve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeV8bN1aA8s
But there is no explanation :(

I managed a 4 note midi sequence(driven from musescore/internal midi bus) to control 4 scenes but I have note on /note off issues or problems when using them as velocity/faders.
Not quite doing what I had hoped. There is 'this plugs into there' info but not much on the 'concept' of how to go about doing certain things, pitfalls and traps.

Understanding the 'concept' of the best way to put these things together is fundamental. For those of us without hours of experience designing light systems or sound knowledge of QLC/MIDI etc its a technical challenge. We could easily head down wrong paths and I don't know about you but I always ask for directions even if I think I know the way to go because there are many people out there with better experience than me, so its always worth asking.
I wouldn't call it 'basic stuff'. Playing the bassline to Moondance is 'basic stuff' to some others a mountain.
vector

an update for any one following.

Dont use Musecore, Im not sure whats happening where but it seems to glitch midi output.
I dug out my old midi dx100(yeah Im that old) and the cue list incremented as expected every time with no problems.
One song per cue list of scenes, ie note C4 increments song1 Cue list, D4 increments song2 cue list etc.
Not convinced this is the best concept.

Musescore sending midi C4 notes into QLC+(Inputs/outputs-Midi 1:Midi through Port-0 'tick input'-configure as Control Change, use profile to map notes coming in)
Here is where the trouble starts. Using the wizard in a blank new Profile, lots of spurious midi info comes in including the actual notes expected.

Problems with Musecore.
Didnt always start the cue list running.
Gets out of sync, missing notes or triggering otherwise. (it would be better off driving scenes per midi note at least that way it wouldnt get out of sync)