appimage alpha2-TEST-20180311 no video output

Report an issue that you found while using QLC+ 5.x.
Please provide as many details as you can, a sample workspace if available and don't forget to read the forum posting guidelines first !
giacomo

when I try to play a video I get a white window, this is the message from the terminal:

Video screen: 0 , geometry: QRect(0,0 0x0)
qrc:/VideoContext.qml:21:1: module "QtMultimedia" is not installed

I've qlc+4 installed and the same file plays as normal.
mcallegari

Distro ?
giacomo

Arch Linux, gnome 3.26 wayland
mcallegari

Clearly, a dependency is missing, but to find the cause you need to ldd each QtMultimedia library in the bundle until you find the broken one.

Try this:

Code: Select all

./QLC+_5.0.0_alpha2-TEST-20180311-x86_64.AppImage --appimage-extract
cd squashfs-root/usr/lib
ldd libQt5Multimedia.so.5
ldd libQt5MultimediaWidgets.so.5
ldd qt5/plugins/mediaservice/libgstmediaplayer.so
One of those should report "not found".
Please consider that recent Qt versions require GStreamer 1.x
mcallegari

Disregard the previous one. Seems like another piece was missing on my end.
Please try the bundle I've just uploaded:
QLC+_5.0.0_alpha2-TEST-20180319-x86_64.AppImage
giacomo

it's working now.

I've just noticed that it's possible to change the rotation parameters while playing the media, it would be fantastic to control the position and rotation with a widget in the Virtual Console, allowing one to manipulate live the media.
This rise to me a curiosity: are you considering the possibility to play several media together or is it too complicate for the moment?
Thanks, the more I try the more I like the new QLC+5.
mcallegari

giacomo wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:34 am it's working now.
Good. As you can see (resuming your question "is it possible to have it not to crash"), this is one of the "beauty" of adopting QML. It's like JavaScript. It never crashes, even if there are missing pieces or incorrect code. In this case QLC+ 4 would have crashed.
giacomo wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:34 am I've just noticed that it's possible to change the rotation parameters while playing the media, it would be fantastic to control the position and rotation with a widget in the Virtual Console, allowing one to manipulate live the media.
This is feasible indeed and it's actually a good idea. One thing I haven't talked about is the "new" Adjust mode of VC Sliders. They can control any property exposed by a Function. I had EFX parameters in mind (it's been asked a lot of times) but exposing video geomety controls should be trivial at this point.
giacomo wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:34 am This rise to me a curiosity: are you considering the possibility to play several media together or is it too complicate for the moment?
http://www.qlcplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11866
See video 3.1
The only limitation is determined by the hardware you're using, not QLC+
giacomo

giacomo wrote: ↑20 Mar 2018 12:34
This rise to me a curiosity: are you considering the possibility to play several media together or is it too complicate for the moment?
http://www.qlcplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11866
See video 3.1
The only limitation is determined by the hardware you're using, not QLC+
hey Massimo, we are close to have a media server now!
I've tried with 2 media in a collection and now I understand how the order works with the alpha channel, it's becoming interesting...
I'm waiting for the fade slider :)

For me, the full screen and custom geometry works for video files,
instead when I play pictures - I tested with png files - I can't play them in full screen with a custom geometry: whatever resolution I select I get a black screen and
in the terminal I read the message
"qrc:/VideoContext.qml:160: ReferenceError: video is not defined'
mcallegari

instead when I play pictures - I tested with png files - I can't play them in full screen with a custom geometry: whatever resolution I select I get a black screen and
in the terminal I read the message
"qrc:/VideoContext.qml:160: ReferenceError: video is not defined'
Congratulations, you just found a copy & paste error at line 160 :)
How great is it debugging this way ? :)
sbenejam

Hey,
I'm testing the last appimage and I cannot play video. I get a white window.
Distro Xubuntu 17.10.

In the console I get this:

qrc:/2DView.qml:192: TypeError: Type error
defaultServiceProvider::requestService(): no service found for - "org.qt-project.qt.mediaplayer"
defaultServiceProvider::requestService(): no service found for - "org.qt-project.qt.mediaplayer"
qrc:/VideoContext.qml:21:1: plugin cannot be loaded for module "QtMultimedia": Cannot load library /tmp/.mount_QLC+_5H3zHdB/usr/bin/QtMultimedia/libdeclarative_multimedia.so: (libQt5MultimediaQuick.so.5: no s’ha pogut obrir el fitxer d’objecte compartit: El fitxer o directori no existeix)
mcallegari

Please do the ldd commands above
sbenejam

mcallegari wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:39 am Please do the ldd commands above
Hi,
I get this in the extracted files from QLC+_5.0.0_alpha2-TEST-20180319-x86_64.AppImage

usuari@x-informatica:~/Baixades/squashfs-root/usr/lib$ ldd qt5/plugins/mediaservice/libgstmediaplayer.so | grep not
qt5/plugins/mediaservice/libgstmediaplayer.so: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.10' not found (required by qt5/plugins/mediaservice/libgstmediaplayer.so)
	libQt5MultimediaGstTools.so.5 => not found
One more thing I tried to build appimage in other computer in my laptop fails too, both computers with Xubuntu 17.10, Qt5.10.1, and I get this errors.

cd qmlui/ && ( test -e Makefile || /home/usuari/Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/bin/qmake -o Makefile /home/usuari/qlctest/qmlui/qmlui.pro CONFIG+=appimage CONFIG+=qmlui ) && make -f Makefile install
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/usuari/qlctest/qmlui'
g++ -c -pipe -Werror -Wno-unused-local-typedefs -g -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQMLUI -DQT_3DQUICKEXTRAS_LIB -DQT_3DQUICK_LIB -DQT_QUICK_LIB -DQT_SVG_LIB -DQT_MULTIMEDIAWIDGETS_LIB -DQT_PRINTSUPPORT_LIB -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_MULTIMEDIA_LIB -DQT_3DEXTRAS_LIB -DQT_3DRENDER_LIB -DQT_3DINPUT_LIB -DQT_3DLOGIC_LIB -DQT_3DCORE_LIB -DQT_GAMEPAD_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_QML_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -I../engine/src -I../engine/audio/src -Ivirtualconsole -Itardis -I../plugins/interfaces -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/include -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/include/Qt3DQuickExtras -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/include/Qt3DQuick -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/include/QtQuick -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/include/QtSvg -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/include/QtMultimediaWidgets -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/include/QtPrintSupport -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/include/QtWidgets -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/include/QtMultimedia -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/include/Qt3DExtras -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/include/Qt3DRender -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/include/Qt3DInput -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/include/Qt3DLogic -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/include/Qt3DCore -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/include/QtGamepad -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/include/QtGui -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/include/QtQml -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/include/QtNetwork -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/include/QtCore -I. -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I../../Qt/5.10.1/gcc_64/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o importmanager.o importmanager.cpp
importmanager.cpp: In member function ‘bool ImportManager::loadWorkspace(const QString&)’:
importmanager.cpp:106:23: error: enum constant in boolean context [-Werror=int-in-bool-context]
         return QFile::ResourceError;
                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
Makefile:10805: recipe for target 'importmanager.o' failed
make[1]: *** [importmanager.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/usuari/qlctest/qmlui'
Makefile:159: recipe for target 'sub-qmlui-install_subtargets-ordered' failed
make: *** [sub-qmlui-install_subtargets-ordered] Error 2
strip: '/home/usuari/qlcplus.AppDir/usr/bin/qlcplus-qml': No hi és aques fitxer
open: No such file or directory
elf_open: No such file or directory
janosvitok

replace the line with:

return false;
mcallegari

Return value fixed on GIT. Weird that my GCC 5.4.0 didn't spot it. What GCC version do you have on 17.10 ?

I've also added the missing library to the linux bundle, but haven't created a new AppImage yet.
sbenejam

mcallegari wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:10 pm Return value fixed on GIT. Weird that my GCC 5.4.0 didn't spot it. What GCC version do you have on 17.10 ?

I've also added the missing library to the linux bundle, but haven't created a new AppImage yet.
Hi Massimo,
I'm building and appimage right now I just see your commits on GIT. GCC version is: gcc version 5.4.1 20171010 (Ubuntu 5.5.0-1ubuntu2) . I'll inform later the results that of this build.

UPDATE:
Playing a video file, now QLC+5 inform duration, resolution, etc. Audio files are playing fine. Video play result in a white window with correct resolution, no sound and this error in console.

qrc:/VideoContext.qml:21:1: plugin cannot be loaded for module "QtMultimedia": Cannot load library /tmp/.mount_Q_Lighddxo0Z/usr/bin/QtMultimedia/libdeclarative_multimedia.so: (libQt5MultimediaQuick.so.5: no s’ha pogut obrir el fitxer d’objecte compartit: El fitxer o directori no existeix)
UPDATE 2:

sbenejam@ponent:~$ ldd qlcplus.AppDir/usr/bin/QtMultimedia/libdeclarative_multimedia.so  | grep not
	libQt5MultimediaQuick.so.5 => not found
sbenejam

For a quick test, I added libQt5MultimediaQuick.so.5 in the platform/linux/linux.pro file. Now the videos are working fine. I'll do more tests in the next few days.

$$QT_LIBS_PATH/libQt5MultimediaGstTools.so.5 \
$$QT_LIBS_PATH/libQt5MultimediaQuick.so.5 \
mcallegari

Damn, another library missing :(
Thanks for reporting. I'll add it later today
mcallegari

Should be fixed now on GIT.
They even changed the library name from Qt 5.9 to 5.10 :(
sbenejam

I just see the commit on GIT. Thanks Massimo. :(
sbenejam

mcallegari wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:57 pm Should be fixed now on GIT.
They even changed the library name from Qt 5.9 to 5.10 :(
Hi Massimo,
FYI, I just tried the latest GIT changes. I tried it with a few video formats and all were played as expected.
:D