QLC Workspace for testing a Korg nanoKONTROL2

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
AllanR

I've attached a simple QLC workspace to test all the buttons, backlights & faders of a Korg nanoKONTROL2. Also attached is the profile.

I find it useful for checking the hardware is operating ok.
Attachments
KORG-nanoKONTROL2.qxi
Input profile
(4.34 KiB) Downloaded 497 times
Test_nanoKONTROL2.qxw
Workspace
(55.56 KiB) Downloaded 484 times
Andrew

Well thanks, that could come in useful!

I'm wondering, are you expecting that the per-key back-light should come on and stay on when the particular key/scene is active in QLC+? On my nanoKONTROL2 boards the LED back-light comes on only while I have the key held down. I did enable both Input and Feedback.
AllanR

Oops Andrew, just spotted your question.

Yes, the button back-lights should stay on until pressed for a second time. I just checked again tonight on my hardware. They all stay on until pressed a second time or "STOP All Functions" is pressed.

Here are some notes/observations I made when testing last year:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As supplied the nanoKONTROL2 is loaded with a default CC mode ‘scene’ i.e. with the all controls set to CC mode, and Midi Channel set to 1. To reset to CC mode, press and hold Set + Cycle buttons whilst connecting USB cable. Buttons are all set to ‘Momentary’ action but because of the QLC logic, in CC mode they act as toggles. The Cycle button will pulse at power-up to signify the controller is in CC mode.

The backlight LED’s are red. (note the 2x Track and 3x Marker buttons do not have back-lights).
To sync the button LEDs with QLC+ button feedback, the nanoKONTROL2 requires a Global setting to be altered via the Korg Editor program. This is explained in the Korg Parameter Guide.

Korg Editor program
===============
To sync button backlights with QLC+:
• Left-click top-left button with “….” > LED Mode > change from Internal to External.
• Then Communication > Write Scene Data, to update the hardware.
• Each time the nanoKONTROL2 is connected to a PC and the editor software started, the current state of the controller is read-in and displayed in the editor window.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ErikD

AllanR wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:39 pm I've attached a simple QLC workspace to test all the buttons, backlights & faders of a Korg nanoKONTROL2. Also attached is the profile.

I find it useful for checking the hardware is operating ok.
Great work, thanks a lot (happily just used it) 8-)