OSX: DMXKING UltraDMX Micro not working

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
thebose101

Hello. I can not find out out which option i need to select for my device since it does not detect it? There are so many options Under the USBPRO drop down bar, but i need to know which one is the correct one for my device?

Thanks!
HakanL

Hello,

the suggestion here (kextunload) worked for me. I did this:
1. Close all applications
2. Unplug the ultraDMX
3. Run sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBFTDI in a terminal
4. Start QLC+
5. Enable the output under DMX USB PRO - DMX Output 1
6. Go to Simple Desk and drag the first couple of sliders up (my light fixture is a simple RGB light with starting channel 1).

The green status light on the ultraDMX Micro is mostly solid, a little flickering.

I have tried the FTDI disable application (which I now understand is obsolete for El Capitan), and I have tried to install the FTDI driver. I have uninstalled both as QLC+ comes with its own driver (or uses the native driver, not sure the details). But the kextunload above was the key to make it work for me. I think there is a way to make that setting permanent, I didn't look into that.
Maarten.Provo

I think I stumbled on to a bug. I installed the new QLCPlus 4.10.4 and my DMXKing UltraDMX Micro no longer works. The settings are the same as in 4.10.3a and if I revert to that version it works again.

I use a Mac with OSX el Capitan and the default apple FTDI/VCP-drivers. As an output I select DMX USB Pro - DMX Output 1 in Pro RX/TX mode (works in 4.10.3a).
Maarten Provo is a professional allround dj/entertainer specializing in weddings and corporate events. More info on www.maartenprovo.be .
CalebGrayson

i can confirm DMXKing Micro not functioning in 10.4.4 but is in 10.4.3a.
in 10.4.4 it shows up, but the DMXKing Micro flashes constant green which is lack of DMX stream error.
mcallegari

@Caleb: QLC+ 10.4.x doesn't exist. Also, please remember to mention you are using OSX. I've improved the title.

Please try the test version I've uploaded a few days ago: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3135
CalebGrayson

the test version from the above link IS working for my DMKKing Micro on OSX.
bradsucks

QLC+_4.10.5-TEST-20160813 recognizes my ultraDMX Micro on OSX and the Simple Desk controls an RGB light fine, however nothing in Functions or Virtual Console will control the light. Tested the same setup in Windows and it works fine, so I'm pretty sure it's not just user error on my part.
janosvitok

Brad,

if Simple desk works ok, the problem is somewhere else. Both Simple desk and Virtual console use the same output code. Can you post your workspace?
If you click reset universe button in simple desk (big X in the top row of buttons) and no sliders are red, do the functions/Virtual console work?
bradsucks

You're right, don't know what I was doing wrong but it seems to be all working great now. Thanks so much!
janosvitok

If you move a slider in simple desk, and it becomes red, it overrides everything else until you reset it.