Problems to load a project

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
Willy_Pinguino

Hi guys...

I've a big problem... I want to replace a QLC+ station installed on a pc with a raspberry station, but I cannot load the project propery... well, I can load it only from the last rasb-QLC+ image with 4.8.2 version of the software, but this version got the annoying problem of the random crashes when you close the browser or the page for the web interface...
in the older versions every try to load the project (before or after to load the fixtures) cause the crash of the QLC+ istance
in the 4.8.2 version, randomly, going out from the pages, or closing the page or simply closing the browser, crash the QLC+ istance

the project was developed in the 4.7.3 version on win 7 & 8 and works well on windows istances of QLC+, but when is loaded in the raspberry via web interface it's crash...

it's a strange project, with 2 fixtures that I've builded ad-hoc, a generic rgb fixture and it's work via Artnet using a DmxPen ControlBox (http://www.dmxpen.it/templates/dmxpen00 ... t_001.html)
it's a work in progress project, and who must use it is not a computer or light expert...

thanks in advance for every help...
Willy_Pinguino

this is the project
Attachments
Lignano_03_7-7-14.qxw
(297.17 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Willy_Pinguino

here the fixtures
Attachments
Sconosciuto%20LED%2025w.qxf
(1.7 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Eurolite-LEDball-ip65.qxf
(1.34 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Willy_Pinguino

oh.. another issue...

now in the 20141104 version(4.8.2) I've used at thew first time a screen (connected with a hdmi to vga adapter) with a resolution of 1024x768, and after that, another screen with a resolution of 1280x1024 (using the same adapter)... and the interface still remain at 1024x768 (minus the oversize border) but it isn't setted in the config.txt file on /boot partition...

there is a way to reset it to take the full resolution of the connected screen? when I'm out from the QLC+ interface the shell fit all the screen resolution without problems...

and last but not least, if I use the CTRL + ALT + BKSPACE, I cannot use the keyboard to controll the raspberry... only the ssh connection works... but if I start or restart the qlcplus istance with a service qlcplus start/restart, I lose the ssh window controll (from a osx shell) and I need to close the terminal window to restart another to take again the controll of the ssh connection...

is it normal, or one my mistake?
Massimo Callegari

Willy,

- the web crash issue has been solved and will be released with version 4.8.3. Please be patient
- the size of screen is called 'overscan'. Please read the RPi user guide that I always provide
- not sure I fully understand what you're doing on ssh. Please indicate the precise steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Willy_Pinguino

I've seen that the upgrade to 4.8.3 is now online and I'll test it tonight, for now I can only thanks to you for the hard work...

what I mean about the problems of screen resolution are not the same thing that overscan in rpi... I see the rpi interface on a 1280x1024 screen, not fill all... I got a 1024x768 window, 16px from the left(soso, maybe are 12px or 20 I'm not able to count them), 16px from the top 240px from the right and 240px from the bottom. and in the config.txt of the boot partition on rpi sd, there is no change and all the options are comented with a # at the start.

for the ssh, when I start rpi with the qlc+ image, if I use the CTRL + ALT + BKSPACE key combination to quit from qlc+ directly from a keyboard connected to a rpi, the ssh shell freeze and the only way that I got to work with the rpi files is start a new ssh shell from remote but I cannot work from the keyboard connected to the rpi, and restart the rpi and work only when the qlc+ run if I want use the mouse and the keyboard connected to the rpi. in less words, when I quit the qlc+ istance, the rpi is frozen and I cannot use it using the periperals connected to the rpi, or use a ssh shell.

I hope that you can understand correctly my explications, my english is very bad and I got a lot of difficults to translate my experience from italian to english... I'm sorry