raspberry pi deselecting dmx interface

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
scott meades

Hi guys , so far i am loving qlc+ on the pi! but im having a bit of trouble. i'm using the dmxking rdm usb to dmx interface and once selected either in the software or the web interface as an output my programs run perfectly but as soon as i restart the pi it goes back to no output and i have to log back in and select the output every time. what do i need to do to make this my only output? i dont need any other inputs or outputs just this one but it must work every time. thanks!
Massimo Callegari

Hi Scott,
not sure I got your question. I need some more details.
Are you autoloading a project at startup or are you using a global IO set in QLC+ ?
In the first case please share the project so we can have a look.
scott meades

Hi Massimo , Thanks for your reply!
I should make my question a bit clearer.

Our eventual goal is to create a raspberry pi dmx controller that is completely automated. then install them in cafes and venues for a touch free show.

we would like to use the dmxking interface as we have had great results and zero crashed from the hardware.

the basic idea is working well , we create a show on the laptop test it and then upload it to the pi using the web interface , then set it to auto load.

when the pi restarts it has forgotten the output and input settings for the dmx hardware and is set to none. once we set it back on the web interface everything is ok untill we reboot again. it seems though of we set the output on the laptop when we create the program is remembers it a few times and then also forgets it eventually.

what can we do to ensure that the dmxking hardware is always selected as the output no matter if we restart or load a new program? this is critical to our project as we would like a fully automated system that only requires a power switch and the option to change the auto boot program when needed for a new show.

if successfull we will build a lot of these units.

Thanks
Massimo Callegari

Hello Scott, the IO configuration is saved in the project you load into the Pi, so for 100% compatibility, you need to make sure the PC mapping is exactly the same you're going to use in the Pi.

Otherwise, you could load the project, set it as autostart, with a TV connected go to IO tab, fix the mapping and click on the Save project button.
Reboot and it should be OK, as it got stored into the autostart.qxw file.

I believe you could do this also from the web interface but I haven't tested it:
- load the project
- set to autostart
- go to IO configuration web page
- change the mapping
- set to autostart again
- reboot

Please let me know which works for you.
FactorFilms

I don't think you need to set it to autostart twice. I'm pretty sure you can just load it, make your IO changes, then set the current project to autostart.
scott meades

thanks guys ill give it a go!