Issues - QLC Rpi 4.7.4 GIT

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
Jimmy T.

Somehow I ended up with 8 universes, they are numbered 1-4 and then again 1-4. In the web interface I still only show 4 universes.

Rebooting the Rpi removed the extra univ. but every time when I loaded my project it created the 4 extra univ.
Attachments
20140831_214206.jpg
20140831_214206.jpg (72.18 KiB) Viewed 1381 times
Jimmy T.

No way to close or move DMX windows once opened
Jimmy T.

The additional universes are only created on the left side of the screen. The right side still only shows 4.
Jimmy T.

Auto loading my project at bootup causes the same issue.
Massimo Callegari

Jimmy, please always double check if the web interface shows the same issue on a PC.
There still might be glitches here and there and debugging on a PC is surely easier than on the Rpi.

"The additional universes are only created on the left side of the screen. The right side still only shows 4."
I think you didn't get it right. One thing is the number of universes (on the left) and another thing is how many inputs/outputs a plugin supports. Now I'm not sure to which one in particular you refer, but OLA and OSC support up to 4 IO. That's hardcoded in QLC+.
On the other hand, ArtNet and E1.31 support any number of IO.
The other plugins depend on the physical devices number.

"No way to close or move DMX windows once opened"
I am aware of this (already discussed in another thread) and I'm working hard to provide a window manager in the future releases (there is none right now)
Anyway as written in the user guide, it is not suggested to use the RPi software to do project editing. Again, I don't understand what "DMX windows" are but if you refer to the DMX monitor, please don't open it.
The Raspberry CPU is not powerful enough to handle the monitor graphics and it can comporomise the smoothness of your light show.
Jimmy T.

The OLA & OSC did not change, they still show 4 each as seen in the picture I uploaded. The web interface on the Rpi only showed 4 universes.

On the webUI for Rpi I set my output to DMX-PRO but the settings are not saved so if I PO/PO (Power Off/Power On) the Rpi the USB device for my DMX is not active and no show. Is there something I'm missing to get that to save?