New to Raspberry Questions

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
Jimmy T.

Questions that related to the use of QLC+ and the Raspberry Pi
Jimmy T.

I run the lighting, sound and play bass for our group. Right now the lights I control with a midi pedal board, QLC running on a MAC. I really would like to put it on the Raspberry and still have control like I do.

If I buy a Pi can you tell me all that I would need as far as the SW (which I get for you). Everything else is like it was on a computer?

Thanks
Jimmy
Massimo Callegari

Hello, giving the fact that a Raspberry Pi is not a PC, please have a look at the video I took a while ago: http://youtu.be/ch0sNUbO9lo?list=UUvtVN ... wJlGK4PFjQ

As you can see, MIDI input is supported.
Apart for that, it all depends on how heavy your project is.
For example the Rpi software is not ready yet to handle fluent audio input/output.

Also, if you provide some more details of the hardware input/output you need to control, I could tell if there might be criticism using a Rpi.
Jimmy T.

I have the following hardware

USB Behringer 1010 pedal board (assignable)
ENTTEC USB-PRO USB-DMX adapter
Lights are all RGB par 56 cans

I mainly have mostly static or slowly changing scenes. I do use a few high speed settings to run like a flash sequence.

No matrix panels or anything like that.

Also thought about making my own control board with an old keyboard and setup my own button grid with better options.

I already bought the Rpi and will be playing with it soon. So will also donate to the cause.

I'm very good with product improvement ideas and coding. And as I get into it I will post what I find or think.

Thanks
Jimmy T.

I have Rpi loaded and working, simple lights on and off right now.

I will post issues and suggestions to a different thread.
Chris de Rock

I have compiled the latest GIT-Version with QT 5.3.1 for Raspbian and for the Moment it works great.
Chris de Rock

Ok, now i run my "big" setup on the Pi: 16xLED Par56 RGB, 3xLED Par56 RGBA, 2xLED Par White and 2 Moving Heads. All devices are connected to an FTDI323-Device in one universe. The Pi runs Headless and QLC+ is controlled by an FCP1010. And i must say, i'm very happy with this ;)
Jimmy T.

With the RGB matrix is anyone using the image settings? If so where do I store them on the Pi or how do I get them there. I also see that I need to set the paths correct in the Pattern field.
Jimmy T.

OK, digging in harder now, does the SW for the Rpi for QLC directly support a wireless adapter? If so what model?

Thanks
Massimo Callegari

You need to use the same paths you used where you created the project.
Using Linux is easy. Using Windows or OSX, you might need to manually "re-link" the picture from within the Rpi.

OR

manually edit the project file, find where the pictures are stored and change the paths where you want them to be in the RPi