How to run QLC plus at Raspberry Pi OS boot

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
amataazura

After searching online for a couple of days and trying crontab and rc.local, I finally found a way to start QLC+ when booting the Raspberry Pi OS. Older posts from 2019 suggest using LXDE autostart (source: viewtopic.php?t=1833); however, this did not work for me.
im on raspios bookworm and qlcplus 4.13 for arm i supported the pi development and got the arm file.

This might be logical for some, but as a beginner in Linux, it took me several weeks to find a solution.
For everyone having the same issues here is how it worked for me:

Step-by-Step Guide to Autostart qlcplus on a Raspberry Pi
Check if the autostart Directory Exists:
The ~/.config/autostart/ directory is where you place autostart files to automatically start programs when the desktop environment launches.

Open a terminal and run the following command to check if the directory exists:

ls ~/.config/autostart
If the directory doesn't exist, create it with:
mkdir -p ~/.config/autostart
Create an Autostart File:
Create a new .desktop file in the ~/.config/autostart/ directory. This file tells the system which program to start.
You can create this file using a text editor such as nano or vim. For example:

nano ~/.config/autostart/qlcplus.desktop
Add the following content to this file:

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=qlcplus -o /home/pi/Desktop/boot.qxw -f -k -p -w
Hidden=false
NoDisplay=false
X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true
Name=QLC+
Comment=Start QLC+ at login

Save the file and exit the text editor (in nano, press Ctrl+X, then Y, and then Enter).

Check the DISPLAY Variable:
Ensure that the DISPLAY environment variable is set correctly in your system environment. This is usually set correctly if you are using a desktop environment like LXDE or XFCE. If you continue to have issues, you can explicitly set the DISPLAY variable in your startup script.

now it finnaly works starting up a boot.qxw showfile in kiosk mode on fullscreen with operate mode on and remote web access on port 9999 if you would like to use the show file when opening differntly see the documentation on : https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/advanced/co ... parameters