UltraDMX MAX, sporadically stopping passing of signals

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
Trunkey3

QLC+ 4.13.0
Windows 11
ultraDMX MAX, firmware 4.7

4 generic RGB fixtures, each having 7 channels.

I have simple scenes, only for changing the color of the lights. It really doesn't like me doing more than a few changes (navigating through the scenes manually or via the VIrtual Console) with the 4 lights connected. It will stop sending commands entirely to the lights. Reconnecting the USB on the adapter fixes it immediately, as does going into the InOut Manager and clicking the checkbox again. This happens even with 1 light, but is harder to get it to the unresponsive state. The QLC GUI never stops being responsive -- it doesn't lock up or crash.

I'm trying to determine the culprit, whether it be the lights, the adapter or QLC itself. Any hits for tracking this down?

A sample excerpt from the log file:

Code: Select all

DMX output is running late !
QObject::killTimer: Timers cannot be stopped from another thread
QObject::~QObject: Timers cannot be stopped from another thread
static QList<DMXInterface*> FTD2XXInterface::interfaces(QList<DMXInterface*>) [FTD2XXInterface] Error in FT_CreateDeviceInfoList: 0
static QList<DMXInterface*> FTD2XXInterface::interfaces(QList<DMXInterface*>) [FTD2XXInterface] Error in FT_CreateDeviceInfoList: 0
int readData(DMXInterface*, QByteArray&, bool&, bool) Got unrecognized label: 0
bool EnttecDMXUSBPro::extractSerial() "USB Serial Device" gave malformed serial reply - length: 0
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is QSerialPort(0x2dfa2b98880), parent's thread is QThread(0x2dffe04e8f0), current thread is EnttecDMXUSBPro(0x2dfa2cdb010)
mcallegari

Does that log shows up during DMX playback or only at startup?
If it's the first case then it means QLC+ is scanning for devices which is probably caused by USB hotplug or instability.
Are you on a laptop?
Have you tried a powered USB hub?
Trunkey3

This is what is shown during DMX playback, at the end where it has stopped sending to the device. Laptop. USB Hotplug is enabled.
Thank you for the suggestions, it has given me other things to test.
Trunkey3

Loaded up Debian 12 on a different machine. While lsusb shows the device, QLC doesn't recognize it in the DMX USB plugin. Next attempt, Ubuntu.
Trunkey3

It didn't work on Ubuntu either.

DMXKing says the device should blink red when receiving a signal. It blinks red while operational, but when the QLC stops communicating (for whatever reason), the red led stops blinking, indicating the device is no longer receiving a signal. EDMX Max config tool works without issue.

Unfortunately I have a fast approaching deadline so I don't have time to work through plugin code to determine what is going on.
I switched to an Enttec Open DMX USB and everything seems to now work as expected, both on Windows and Ubuntu.