KORG nanoKontrol2 no feedback?

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
tripleb

OK, last one for today: I just played around with my nano2. Basically QLC+ response to MODO input,. OK
However, I was not able to receive feedback for the LEDs on the nano2?!

I attached a small workspace. As input profile for MIDI I use the integrated nanoKontrol2 profile, and set the feedback output active.

What am I doing wrong?
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2024-05-20 um 21.22.33.png
nanoKontrolTest.qxw
(4.6 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
ShagLight

On the buttons you assigned to the Nano Kontrol, did you check to see if there is an upper value on the external input settings (double-click the VC button)?
NO, I AM NOT THE SOUNDMAN!
tripleb

Puh, meanwhile I gt it to work partly:

My nanoKontrol2 does not remember the external LED control setting! I made a cross check with my MIDI Host (Gig Performer) and had the same result. Currently I need to run the Korg nanoKontrol Editor and set the LED control to external, and write back to the device. However this seems to be anon permanent setting.

Both Gig Performer and QLC+ are working correct afterwords (until the next power cycle)

Tomorrow I will dive deeper into the documentation of the nanoKonrol and see if there's a SysEx etc. needed if this is not a permanent setting :-(
tripleb

Hoooray - just had a last idea and solved it:

Besides doing a factory reset (Pressing both track buttons + CYCLE) on power up, it needs one more power cycle and pressing CYCLE + PREVIOUS TRACK to set the nano in General MIDI Mode!
This is not covered by the nanoKontrol Editor Software!

I love ChatGPT!
tripleb

Just to clarify:

The KORG Control Editor works OK. I had an incomplete default preset file, which is fixed now, also. Power up sequences are not needed, everything can be set up properly by the KORG application!

BBB

PS: I need to use an own preset if I'm running Gig Performer as the standard preset of the nanoKontrol2 uses CC#0, CC#1 etc. which are reserved MIDI controllers in the world of keyboards... So I need to switch between two config presets...