Artnet numbering

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
neilperkins

Hi, i have created a project with multiple Artnet universes. Unfortunately some of them show different Universe numbers in the fixture list compared to the header. When i then double click a fixture the Universe is the same as the header, which is what i want. The number is just wrong in the universe fixtures list.? ANy help or suggestions appreciated.
janosvitok

Hi,

can you post screenshot and/or qxw file?

Jano
neilperkins

universe setup
universe setup
neilperkins

Image attached. You can see in the title of the folder for example is universe 7, and in the list column it has universe 12. If you look then in the expanded fitting setup it has Universe 7 in the drop down menu configured.?
MichelSliepenbeek

On the Input/Output Tab you can change the name of your Universes.
In the following example i added a new Universe. As i already had 8 Universes QLC+ created this new Universe with the Default Name "Universe 9".
Then i changed the name of this Universe to "Universe 1".

In a technical way there is nothing wrong with this change, so QLC+ allows it, even though in a Logical way this change is at least confusing.

Could be that you did something simular (a screenshot of your Input/Output Tab would be helpfull).

Universe 1 or Universe 9.jpg
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
janosvitok

Note that for each QLC+ universe you can select artnet universe number (for example, you can output QLC+ universe #1 to artnet universe 15).
Note 2: Beware the numbering, artnet universes are numbered from 0, QLC+ numbers universes from 1.