behringer x-touch setup

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
logarythmus

Hi everybody,

i am kind of new to this whole topic and searched around a lot, but i couldn't really find what i was looking for. Maybe somebody can help me:

I am trying to set the big xtouch up for qlc use, lots of channels, no moving lights, just a few rbgw fixtures and conventional lighting.
As far as ich know there isn't a profile for the xtouch, just for the compact and the extender. Does anybody know what the closest one is? Is it usefull the build from one of these?
I would like to use as many fader banks as possible to controll the channels in simple desk, then save cues and just play them back
Anyone got tipps for me?
thx
regards
edogawa

At this point in time you cannot control the simple desk, and I don't think this will ever change, MIDI/DMX/OSC etc. input controllers can only be bound to Virtual Console elements.
To remote control the simple desk your best option is using a smartphone/tablet and QLC's web interface, AFAIK.

As for the x-touch I don't know, I haven't ever used one or compared the different models. I use BCF2k and/or NanoKontrol2 here...
logarythmus

thx for the answer, i was hoping to use the motorfaders for multichannel setups
logarythmus

I managed a multipage setup like in the documentation and it seemed to work, but i got problems with the motorfader feedback both on X-Touch and on an old BCF2000.
Wenn i try to map a slider i can't get any other slider exept tthe number 1 working, with autodetect, with manual mapping. the slider is always read as an button or it doesn't respond at all. On the BFC2000 ich tried the avaliable profile, then i can use the sliders, but no motorfader feedback exept for Number 1, when i manually map the sliders i can't assign the pitch wheel function to two sliders, just to one, so they stay buttons. I just can't figure it out.
With "monitoring the slider level" activated in the widget the first slider seems to work (page 1 70%, next page, page 2 50%), but the slider on the midi controller alway jumps back to the last value - so if i set the slider on 50% on page twq, the VC slider is correct, but den midi slider jumps back to 70% from the first page. when i change the pages, the sliders move to the correct positions.

I tried reading everything i find here in the forum some problems seemed similar but no solutions:

http://www.qlcplus.org/forum/viewtopic. ... ump#p49069
https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN ... ipage.html

I run Win10 and QLC+ 4.12.4
hardware: Behringer X-touch and BFC2000
any tipps are much appreciated
logarythmus

Hey there, sadly i'm stuck and don't know what to read next. The faders in the x Touch can control everything, they Just don't stay Up, after a Few seconds they Always Go Back to zero. In VC the value stays, but the fader on the hardware won't keep their state.

i tried the same project on an old BFC2000 with some tweaking ich can controll the hardware faders from VC but only on the first page of a multipage setup

Regards
Ayato

Hi,

Have you tried putting your x touch in ctrl mode? works just fine for me ;)
u4cigam

Has anyone shared a profile for the X-touch controller?