American DJ DMX operator 384 and QLC+

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
etre

Hello everyone,
I am a beginner and I am new to light shows.
I own a Presonus StudioLive 16.02.0 USB mixer, American DJ DMX Operator 384 and Sound Show Pro.
Can I use QLC+ with ADJ DMX operator 384? If so, how do I configure this light console in QLC+?

Best regard

Bonjour à tous et toutes,
Je suis un débutant et découvre les spectacles lumière. Je possède le mixer Presonus StudioLive 16.02.0 USB, American DJ DMX Operator 384 et Sound Show Pro.
Puis-je utiliser QLC+ avec ADJ DMX operator 384 ? si oui comment configurer cette console light dans QLC+ ?

Merci pour vos réponses,
Etre
janosvitok

Hello,

most probably you can use DMX Operator as MIDI controller for QLC+. Most probably you can use StudioLive as MIDI interface to connect DMX Operator to computer.
Connect MIDI out from DMX Operator to MIDI on on StudioLive, and USB from StudioLive to computer running QLC+.

In addition to these, you need some way how to output DMX from the computer (either some USB DMX dongle, or artnet to DMX converter/node).

Jano
rajones203

Does your 384 have the USB-b port? There also might be a switch for MIDI/DMX mode on the back?

I have a 192, that has both. MIDI mode will be good for you if available. Just have to build your own input profile.
______

Russell Jones
TV Professional - EVS, Producer/Director
Lighting Hobbyist
rajones203@gmail.com
janosvitok

Good catch! I didn't notice the device has USB and even can function directly as MIDI controller. Looks nice!

Etre: If your device has USB port and MIDI switch on the back, you can connect the DMX operator directly to computer with QLC+, no need to go through StudioLive.

Jano