Animation Widget slider loopback control

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
spectral

Hi,

I'm in the early stages of buikding a new lighting setup and have an issue with the animation widget in the virtual console that I hope you guys will be kind enough to help me solve.

There's a fixture group "Spots" tied to an RGB matrix fuction referenced by an animation widget on the VC (config page)
I'm trying to control whether the matrix is active or not using the button "Matrix Enable" which controls a loopback referenced by the animation widger.

I see when I press the button that the loopback goes to 255 but nothing happens to the animation widget slider.
The strange thing is that when I create this setup in a new workspace, it works perfectly.

Am I missing something here? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers, Greg
Attachments
test.qxw
(72.11 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Yestalgia

Why not have the button activate the RGB Matrix that the animation widget controls?
spectral

I guess I could try that but surely this should work? I'm also looking to have a palette of start and end colours on the main page which set loopbacks used by the animation widget (see attachment). They don't appear to be working in this workspace either. Would be good to understand why as I've had this arrangement working on others.
Attachments
test 2.qxw
(105.63 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
spectral

It seems that everything works as expected if the animation widget is on page 1 of the frame but not on another page.
There goes my user interface plans.
spectral

I think I spoke too soon. Although I can change the start and end colours of the animation widget using loopbacks, they don't actually affect the DMX output.
To me, it looks like there are a few issues with this widget.
spectral

I've learnt that widgets on a page that isn't in view won't respond to their loopback controls so external controllers can operate multiple pages. Fair enough, I can use a single page with a collapsible "configuration" frame for any behind the scenes stuff.

The animation widget not updating its DMX output looks to be a bug though so I'll post that in the issues forum.
MichelSliepenbeek

I would say, "Stick to your User Interface Plan". :) ;)

"There is no rule that your "Main" has to be on Page 1 and "Config" has to be on Page 5.
You can swap the two pages and accordingly swap the scenes you launch from your Main Button (swap it from page 1 to 5) and your Config Button (swap it from page 5 to 1) on your Menu.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
MichelSliepenbeek

I guess i followed about the same road with my "User Interface plan".

In my version i use the top row for:
- a number of "Always on Top" Frames.
Here you put your Widgets that should always react on your Midi controllers (in my case an Elation Midicon and a Novation LaunchPad).
Because the Expand/Collapse button of a frame is in the Top Left Corner, they can only be in the Top Left Corner.
- My Main Menu Buttons.

The Main Area of my Workspace is divided into two Windows.
If it comes to the "Color Selector" i use a vertical aproach, for the simple reason that you then can add a Submaster to it.

The Bottom Rows i use as a "system tray".
Attachments
Workspace 5 - Always On Top.png
Workspace 1 - Menu.png
Workspace 2 - Window 1.png
Last edited by MichelSliepenbeek on Wed May 01, 2024 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
MichelSliepenbeek

Workspace 3 - Window 2.png
Workspace 4 - System tray.png
MichelSliepenbeek

By the way: I do not use the Animation Widget, but instead i created something similar.

In the past i posted an example of this overhere: viewtopic.php?p=67586#p67586

And an example of my Color Selector can be found overhere: viewtopic.php?p=71185#p71185