Chaser - Fade Out time does not reset to 0ms

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
LukasW

Hello,

in a Chaser when I use the Fade Out time anything other than 0ms (e.g. 500ms) on my Scenes, then after using the Chaser when I trigger the same Scene from a button the Fade Out time is still the same (e.g. 500ms) instead of being 0ms.

I when set the last Fade Out time of my Chaser to 0ms, then it is reset to 0ms for the scene. So it remembers the last Fade Out time from the chaser.

Is this supposed to happen? And is there another way of avoiding this problem, other than to set the last Chaser Fade Out time to 0ms?

I tested it on Windows 10 on Version V4.12.6 and V4.13.0.
kenact

I'm confused about what you're doing. Can you share your project?
LukasW

I attached a small example project with my problem.

From my understand this behavior is inconvenient and could be a bug.
Attachments
Example_project_Chaser_fade_out_time.qxw
(7.14 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
kenact

I don't believe that's the intended action. I believe it's a bug. Flash, according to the documentation, should be On/Off.

A workaround would be to clone every scene you want to be able to Flash, and attach the cloned scene to your Flash button.

Adding to the strange behavior is, if you set a Fade In/Fade Out on the Scene itself, and attach that to a Flash button, the Fade In is ignored, but the Fade Out is not.
mcallegari

Adding to the strange behavior is, if you set a Fade In/Fade Out on the Scene itself, and attach that to a Flash button, the Fade In is ignored, but the Fade Out is not.
This is the intended behavior. Flash ignores fade in.
kenact

mcallegari wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:28 am
This is the intended behavior. Flash ignores fade in.
I understand and agree, but shouldn't it also ignore Fade Out?

This doesn't answer the OPs question about the Flash using the last Fade Out on a scene. Why would the Fade Out from a Chase affect a Flash button?