"Other Controls - Dimmer Control" missing in RGB Matrix

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
ljack

Hi to all!
I have been using QLC+ for some years now and so far i worked out how to use it most of the times.
For a school play in march I am preparing new light fixtures, remapping existing scenes and I also downloaded the latest version of QLC+.
But right now i am stuck:
I noticed that the new fixtures don't turn on when they are supposed to. They are RGB-LEDs and part of RGB-matrix.
They have a separate dimmer channel but in the old version, there was the feature to always have the dimmer of a fixture go to 100% if it is in use as part of the RGB matrix.
But this option went missing. It still shows up on some old files but disappears if I deselect it and it doesn't some to work anymore anyways.
What happened here? Am I doing something wrong? :(
Thank you for your support!
GGGss

The intensity channel got separated from the RGB-matrix some versions ago.
You now can use the RGB matrix only to control intensity levels in the present version.
For your case, I'd put a slider on your VC, set it to level control and using this slider to set the intensity.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
ljack

Thank you so much for your quick reply!
OK, so I will probably make a collection with the RGB-matrix and the dimmer level for the show.
But if I understand it correctly, while creating a RGB-matrix there is no way for a "run preview" (the play-button in the matrix configuration) with the actual lights?
Or is there a workaround for this usecase as well?
aoltype

I always put the dimmer channel up in the Simple Desk. Then you can preview the effect on the lights. Bummer that you need to turn it all off again or your Virtual Console will misbehave in actual show mode.
ljack

aoltype wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:42 pm I always put the dimmer channel up in the Simple Desk. Then you can preview the effect on the lights. Bummer that you need to turn it all off again or your Virtual Console will misbehave in actual show mode.
That is a great idea! Of course it would be nice to have a simple button for that (Like "Set all dimmer channels to 100%") but at least this way it is possible to have a "live preview" while adjusting the settings! Thanks a bunch! :D
Halloweenfreak

Hey guys,

you saved my day. Thank you very much for the idea to make a collection. I didn't know that this functions even exists.
It makes some other cool thing possible. So it is really easy to combine a RGB effect with the dimmer of the rgbw or others that have a separate dimmer channel for the intensity.

regards