QLC5 beta 3, possible issue with adding new fixtures

Report an issue that you found while using QLC+ 5.x.
Please provide as many details as you can, a sample workspace if available and don't forget to read the forum posting guidelines first !
raykkk

Hi. I've been using QLC4 for years and I'm trying to transition to v5 (well, testing) but I'm having issues adding in lighting fixtures.
I have a number of unlisted lighting fixtures (cheap knock off's) whichi work great in V4.... however - trying to add them to v5 seems to be almost impossible.

I've tried a few times now on different computers as I wondered if it was a conflict between v4 and v5 on the same pc, so I've installed only v5 on separate machine - but I still have issues.

In a nutshell, I can go through the process of adding the fixture in v5, fill in all the fields, such as make, model, name, channels, mode, descriptions, power rating, etc etc but I cant get any of the fixtures I've added to show up in the list of fixtures.

I've run the config file for the lights through the fixture validator, and that comes back all clean and good to go - but the fixtures just dont show up - even if i search for them.
As a last resort, I tried dropping the config file for the fixture in to the "generic" fixtures folder and this didnt help either.

Have I missed something? Or is there another step I need to follow?
I've watched the v5 videos on youtube and i couldnt see anything obvious in there about adding fixtures to v5.

I've attached the fixture config file if that helps shed any light on this.

Thanks.
Attachments
gobo colour lens.qxf
(1.75 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
edogawa

I've put your fixture definition in my user fixture folder ($HOME/.qlcplus/fixtures on Linux) and it shows up under Generic.
I can add it to the empty workspace but the definition is wrong in that it says it's a Dimmer, not Mover, and misses a lot of information. But it loads just fine.
raykkk

Thats odd its got loads of info missing because I filled everything in on the fixture creator screen in qlc 5......
In regards to it being a dimmer not a mover, i 100% put it down as a moving head unit.....

i'll go back to the drawing board with this.

Thanks for checking the file. Appreciate it
Ray
raykkk

Ok, So, i started from scratch with creating a new fixture.
My honest feedback is i think the process is just too confusing and clumbersome. Adding a colour and gobo channel requires more information to be added and i just cannot figure out how to put in the dmx values for the colours of the gobo's

Is there a guide on how to do this? In version 4 - it was a doddle..... version 5 - i think is too complicated and not clear enough for adding custom fixtures.
Ray