Is there a separate On and OFF button?

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
BBC

I use a presentation program called Proclaim which can send a MIDI signal to QLC+ when an activated slide is shown.

My challenge is a Proclaim presentation starts and ends with a looping sequence of slides, so when the MIDI activation slide is shown the first time, the button in QLC+ turns on the light scene, but when it loops back that same slide shuts the light scene off. On Off On Off.

Is there a way to create an "on" button and an "off" button?

I did create a button with the "Flash function (only for scenes)" checked, and this leaves the light scene on, but I wasn't able to easily turn it off.

Thanks for any help. I'm just starting to learn QLC+ this week.
rajdude

I recommend trying this (this works for me)
Have two steps in the chaser:
Step 1 turns on the light (for whatever time is set)
Step 2 turns it off

Then when I use the toggle button to fire off this chaser, the light turns on and then off after the set time
-Raj
Just a hobbyist 8-)
MichelSliepenbeek

Create two scenes: Lights On and Lights Off.
Add a Solo Frame with two buttons to your Virtual Console: one for your Lights On Scene and one for your Lights Off scene and attach your Midi Messages as External Control accordingly.

The essence of a Solo Frame is that there cannot be more than 1 function active at the same time:
- If Lights Off is active, when you press (directly or by midi message) Lights On, it will turn off your Lights Off function.
- If Lights On is active, when you press Lights Off, your Light On function will be turned off.

You could read this: https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/virtual-console/solo-frame
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
GGGss

(an input profile would help also... set it to 'Generate an extra Press/Release when toggled:' as per https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/input-output/input-profiles)
With the help of the extra push, the midi input will be ready to accept a next trigger ... as per now; you go on-off-on-off. With the new setting you go: on (off) on (off)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MichelSliepenbeek

Might be that Proclaim is sending the same Midi Message every time a slide changes and that Howard tries to say that he does not want QLC+ to react if the same Midi Message is received as before.

If that is the case, he could have a look at the example overhere: viewtopic.php?p=71043#p71043
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"