Moving Head Positions and Best Practice

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
rileybwesley

So i have 2 moving head GOBOS and 4 180 degree beams lights. Every environment my band plays is a bit different and i end up spending quite a bit of time before each show adjusting the moving heads so that don't blind people in the crowd and all of our solo positions are lining up on the various band members. I have split my scenes up with scenes for JUST position and scenes just for color and use collections to make the overall scene. Is there a better/quicker way of modifying positions of lights? Keep in mind our entire show runs off of midi signals to QLC, we have no light person :)
GGGss

rileybwesley wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:13 pm So i have 2 moving head GOBOS and 4 180 degree beams lights. Every environment my band plays is a bit different and i end up spending quite a bit of time before each show adjusting the moving heads so that don't blind people in the crowd and all of our solo positions are lining up on the various band members. I have split my scenes up with scenes for JUST position and scenes just for color and use collections to make the overall scene. Is there a better/quicker way of modifying positions of lights? Keep in mind our entire show runs off of midi signals to QLC, we have no light person :)
Splitting what I call 'statics' are the correct way to get things done.
On a changed venue, you only have to adopt the position presets. With your correctly used collections, the show will adapt to the new venue quickly.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore