QLC closes by itself during the show

The issues found when using the Show Manager panel
Wagnersitoo

Hello everyone, my name is Wagner and I need your help. I have a theatre company and I'm preparing a new play where I'll be using QLC in show mode, with a single 55-minute sound track and several sets of lights including 2 RGBW spotlights and 2 moving heads. The issue is as follows: during rehearsals, when I'm in show mode, the program closes on its own and all the lights in the theatre go off. When the program closes, an error report appears (attached are 2 files, a screenshot of the error and a PDF document containing the full error report.).

I'm using a MacBook Air 2014 with Big Sur 11.7.10. It has a 1.4 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 memory. The output channel is Open DMX USB Enttec.

I hope you can help me as I'm really worried about having this problem during a live show with an audience in the theatre; it's my worst nightmare. Thank you very much :)
Attachments
QLC 2.pdf
(162.75 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
QLC.png
mcallegari

Hi, what were you doing when the crash happened?
I see you deleted a function. Can you tell us more details about it to reproduce the issue?
Wagnersitoo

Hello Massimo! Thank you for your response and for your time, you're very kind. The program closed many times while I was creating the show (adding or modifying lighting functions in the show section). The time that worried me the most was when I ran the show for a rehearsal, and without touching anything, the program closed. I've formatted the computer, but the problem persists. Thank you very much.
MichelSliepenbeek

If you use some kind of Version Control, you could go back to your last stable version.
If you don't use Version Control, now you have learned why you should. :)

In a nutschell:
You have a showfile that you are running every week/day. Let's call it "Showfile V1".
When you want to make changes to that showfile, make a copy of your file and call it "Showfile V1.1".
As long as you haven't completed and tested your changes, you use V1 to run your show and do your development on V1.1.

When you are happy with your changes and tests proved that is is reliable, you are going to use V1.1 for your live shows and you create V1.2 for further development.
You could also maintain some kind of Change Log (by making telegram style notes of the changes you made).

If you work this way:
- you never get in a situation that you are forced to complete your changes in a hurry (because the show has to start in xx minutes).
- you always have a version to go back to when you run into unexpected problems.

If you want a good example: viewforum.php?f=2

If you make regular back ups from the data on your PC, you could also try to retreive your showfile from there.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
Wagnersitoo

Thank you very much for the information, I'm going to put your advice into practice. All the best :)