Audio input is using both mic and played song

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
rajdude

Hello everyone,
My first post here. First of all, a big thank you to Massimo for making this software AND making is available freely! :D

Problem:
In an audio trigger, I noticed that QLC+ is actually using audio from both these things:
  • The song I am playing on the laptop (using VLC right now, for testing), and
  • The microphone in the laptop
How I know QLC+ is using the mic also is ... while playing the track, I can tap on the laptop and the bass scene blinks. I can also see the audio trigger's bar go up-down to my taps.

I think in the input/output tab of QLC+, I do have the things correctly setup.
For input, the default is checked
Microphone is NOT checked. Let me see if I can post a screenshot here.

Windows OS also shows a mic icon on the task bar, saying that QLC+ is using the microphone.

Any tips on what I could do to fix it?

Thank you for your help!
-Raj

PS: I am trying to use QLC+ 4 specifically for audio triggers. My "holy grail" is pretty old school. Have lights blink like this:
Bass - red
Mid - yellow
High - green

So far, it is not working as I want, but I am very new to QLC+ and I am going through the documentation to figure it out myself before I bother the community here with a bazillion questions! LoL
-Raj
Just a hobbyist 8-)
rajdude

Ok it seems to be that maybe there is either a bug, or this is a "feature" in QLC+
I installed it on a different PC and it is behaving the exact same way. Even though the microphone is not checked, QLC takes the input from BOTH the microphone and the audio playing from e.g. YouTube

Here is a screenshot:

Note:
#1 is checked
# 2 is NOT checked
When I press #3 button and clap in front of my microphone (inside the Razer microphone), the level monitor goes up-down.

What I expect:
If I have #1 checked "default device" , whatever is playing on my PC should be routed to QLC+.
Am I expecting or doing something wrong here?
2024-04-16-Window-001641.jpg
-Raj
Just a hobbyist 8-)
sbenejam

Have you tried to mute the laptop mic?. In the default device you get all system sounds (vlc, mic, etc.). I think this is not a QLC+ issue, it's a Windows sound system misconfiguration.
rajdude

so I was able to resolve my problem by choosing the "stereo" option in the drop down (in audio inputs).
If I keep it at mono, Line in does not work and it pics up only the microphone.
-Raj
Just a hobbyist 8-)