Fixture remapping RGBW to RGBAL

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
HansC

Hi all,

I've been working with QLC+ for a long time now in my own theatre group.

Recently, we've made a dance show which we tour several locations. My show is based on RGBW fictures, but on some locations they have RGBAL (Chauvet Ovation F-915FC).

Did anyone already do remapping of RGBW to RGBAL?
Any idea's how this could be achieved?

thanks,Hans
GGGss

QLC+ has a native RGB color mode. This means you must interpolate the colors you use into RGBAL values.
There is no automatic remapping for colors outside of the scope of QLC+.
With amber and lime fixtures, I bring warmth and depth onto the stage by lowering the red channel and adding some amber. The same goes for scenes with green and blue, substituting those with some lime.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
HansC

Hi, thanks.

that's what I was affraid of.
All my scenes (approx 170) hold about 15 fixtures. This potentially means at least a few hundered of manual reworks are needed..
GGGss

Hans,

If you open the project file with a text editor, it will reveal that this is a kind of XML structure.
If you are handy with search and replace, the amount of work could be minimised a lot.
Create a backup first, if you break the structure of the file, you break your project.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore