Changing the dimmer values has no effect on my laser

Ask a question related to the QLC+ 5.x usage here.
Provide as much details as you can, especially what you would like to achieve and if available, a sample workspace of your work in progress
Landroval

Hello,

I'm using a BoomToneDJ KUB 500 RGB laser that I want to control with my computer. To do this I use the EUROLITE USB-DMX512-Interface/Update-Adapter, it's a cable.

When I open QLC, my laser appears and I can connect it to universe 1. I add 12 generic dimmers on channels 1 to 12 because my laser has 12 DMX channels.

However, nothing happens when I vary the dimmer values.

Normally, by setting the value between 42 and 83 on channel 1 I should be in DMX mode. And channel 2 allows me to choose a programme from the pre-recorded programmes. But it doesn't work.

Regarding the addressing of my laser, I'm supposed to set dipswitch 10 to "ON" to be in DMX mode. I've also set dipswitch 1 to "ON" so that the address is "1".

But the laser behaves in "sound control" mode, which is the mode when only dipswitch 10 is set to "ON".

Do you have any idea why this doesn't work? Is it an addressing problem? The cable that doesn't support QLC? A driver problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.
GGGss

Welcome to the forum,

First of all - please quote the type and make of your laser. Then, we can verify what settings must be applied for it to work.
Your best friend here would be a simple desk. Play with the sliders, and verify with the DMX monitor for valid output.
Dipswitch 1 set to on, would be DMX address 2 (since it's 1 based - channel zero doesn't exist in the DMX world.)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore