Midi note control, switch lights off?

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
TauTau

I'm digging into midi note control of scenes/chases etc currently (since that was how I started using DMX with another software).
So I have scenes/chases and buttons assigned in VC. Now I noticed that when I activate some button (via Midi), and then want to switch to some other scene/chase, the previous one also still is active (example: I have some basic stage light active, then i want to have a red only fade in, but the stage light also stays on). I made a scene with all faders down, and also a button in VC for it with a Midi note assigned, but it doesn't seem to work...
In VC I can just click on the active scene, and then it goes off, how can i have that via Midi?
Edit: found it, I made me a VC button "all funcions off" ;)
GGGss

... or start using a solo frame. When one function runs inside the solo frame and you hit another button in the solo frame, the running scene will be deactivated, and a new one will appear.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
TauTau

interesting, thanks, will check that out