understanding scene/chaser

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
TauTau

Hi,

I'm just starting out, and maybe didn't understand the concept yet ;) I have a quite easy fixture (light4me Thunder LED bar).
I have the unit working in the simple desk.
I want to create a slow fade-in with only red. So I made a scene with my R slider and its assigned dimmer to 100% (this works in simple desk)
Is there a way to actually view that scene?
I then made a chaser, using that scene, with a fade-in time of i.e. 30sec
here I have a preview button, but nothing is happening.
I'm sure I miss just some basic thing ;)
edogawa

So I assume your DMX output is working.

Maybe you didn't release the channels in simpledesk, do they still show red crosses? If so, release them by clicking these, or the upper red cross to release all of them at once.

Manually moving faders in simpledesk always overrides these channels, by design.

To view your scene add a button in virtual console, doubleclick to edit properties, assign your scene and click ok. Then switch to playback mode by clicking the top right corner icon shows a green triangle, so it turns to a red square. Hitting the button now should give it a green border and bring up your scene. You even can add Fade-In and -Out times in the scene editor via the speed tool in the toolbar, and the button will follow them. So, for just one scene, you don't even need a chaser. Use a chaser for stepping/fading effects or when running a list of cues with individual fade times, typically needed in theater shows.

In VC design mode (the state after starting up QLC+) you should immediately see the scene while editing it on the functions tab, outputting to dmx and the preview.

In VC playback mode the scene output from functions tab turns off so it doesn't interfere with your virtual desk. the "blind" icon (showing a blue eye) in the scene editor toolbar now has turned active to indicate it's in blind mode.
TauTau

no idea why, but after restarting QLC+ it worked as expected ;) Moving on to Midi control now...