Free diividing time in time multiplier

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Bala

Hey I want tu achieve time 1/11. I can use loopback so I can multiply my time to all numbers but I dont know how to divide to free numbers. Thanks for help.
MichelSliepenbeek

Within a speed dial you only have the options 1/8 or 1/16, nothing in between.

If you create a preset on your Speed Dial of 2 seconds, you will find that at 1/8 the Duration (or Fade In or Fade Out) will be 0,25 seconds and 1/16 it will be 0,125s.
What you want to achieve is 1/11, so with the same preset (of 2 seconds) it would give a duration of 0,180 seconds.

What you could do is add another Speed Dial to your work space, set the factor to 1/8 but now create a preset for ( 2 seconds * (0,25 / 0,18) = ) 2,88 seconds.

Depending on the situation (as you did not tell us why you want this, i have to guess), you should now:
- divide your Functions over the two Speed Dials (if your purpose is to have them run in Sync) and create a Loopback Button that will set the preset on both Speed Dials.
- (if you want to use them next to each other) create a loopback button that will turn the preset on your Speed Dial A off and turn the preset on Speed Dial B on (and also one that does the opposite).
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
Bala

I want to make my lights in sync to music. I created 11 step sequence. Speed dial time for sequence only changes time of duration of 1 step. I want my sequence to go on 1 beat in song so i need it 11 times faster so 1/11. I dont want to create preset as I dont know what bpm is DJ playing I just need to click TAP as I hear the songs. Thanks for help
MichelSliepenbeek

i Guess that you do not want to create a 12 step sequence instead.

Otherwise you could have made use of the fact that 6 * 8 = 4 * 12 = 48.
Meaning: set your Factor to 1/8, use multiplier = 1/2 and add 3 Dummy steps after each step in your sequence (making it a 48 step sequence).

I'm out of options, i wish you Good luck. :)
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"