Relative EFX & XY Pad "Wrapping" Position at edges

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Tooters

Hello all.. I am sifting through forum threads trying to get my moving head lights controlled via XY pads and Relative EFX. I've got all my loopback channels set up, and separate XY pads for position control and various scenes and my EFX (all set in relative mode). My issue is, when the DMX values of the Pan/Tilt channels reach the limit (0 or 255) they wrap around to the other side and cause the moving head to jump around. I can view this in simple desk or in the XY pad as the little icons wrap around the usable space. I think I'm missing something obvious? How do I get the EFX to stay within the border? i.e not wrap around.

This behavior seems to be new to the 4.13 update.
GGGss

Nathan,

With the improved 16b engine, when using EFX in relative mode, you first need to define something EFX can reference to.
So before starting the EFX, you need a position scene started (so the EFX can relate to in relative mode.)
A collection with a position scene and the EFX works well. Watch the order you add things to the collection. They are called (executed) in the order of entry.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Tooters

Yes, I have tried multiple methods..using another XY pad with a position preset, or using an XY pad with Scene Presets, and also just firing a scene with Pan & Tilt information.

For instance when I use another XY pad with a position, activate that position, I can see the dot and can control the heads, then activate a relative EFX on another XY pad, I can see the little dots following the relative EFX around the screen, but they do not stop at the edges they wrap around and it causes the heads to whip around to the far end of their movement travel. It seems like other people on the internet aren't having this issue so I must be missing something..
MichelSliepenbeek

On the XY pad where you launch your EFX's, use the handles on the Left and on Top to reduce the size of your area.

If you want to change the size with just one slider, have a look at this example: viewtopic.php?p=70245#p70245
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
Tooters

Yes I have been following that & other threads for information & I can take care of all that. Am I to understand that in all these examples, everyone just tweaks the EFX settings & size until it doesn't wrap? I can do that, it's just a very manual process and I was hoping to set up some type of working window the movement is bounded to.

Are the size settings in the EFX relevant?
Maybe part of my issue is using the maximum pan ranges on the fixture (540degree), then I end up limiting EFX movement to only a few DMX values.. I could try smaller pan ranges?

Thank you everyone for the time and assistance
MichelSliepenbeek

I usually set width and heigth to 20 - 20 as initial values and then (in operate mode) use a slider (like in the example) to vary the size.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"