X/Y Pad Presets with APC40 MK2

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
ShagLight

When assigning an EFX preset to a X/Y pad preset, and trying to patch that preset to a button on my APC40 MK2, weird things happen. The button acts almost like a flash button and the LED won't go out regardless of the feedback value assigned.

This makes using X/Y pad presets unusable for me. Is this a bug?

Also, when no external control, when the preset is turned on, it won't turn off when you hit the little red circle with the "x" at the upper right hand corner of the screen to turn off all scenes. However, if you turn on the preset (with nothing else turned on), the little red x activates. Is this also a bug?

4.13.0, Windows 10.
NO, I AM NOT THE SOUNDMAN!
MichelSliepenbeek

However, if you turn on the preset (with nothing else turned on), the little red x activates. Is this also a bug?

The Little Red X is the " Stop All Functions (CTRL+Shift+ESC)" function.
It is optimised in a way that it will remain grey (meaning you cannot use it) as long as no functions are running.
It will turn to Red (and become active) once you start your first function, and will remain red as long as there is at least one function running.

If you are in the rare situation that you have only one function that is active and that function also happens to be just one of those few functions that cannot be stopped by "Stop All Functions", you might discuss whether "the Little Red X" should turn to red or not.

In practice you will never never notice this, because apart from running your EFX you at least have to select a color, set the Level of your fixture and probably also first have to move your Moving head to its starting position (if you use the EFX in relative mode).
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
ShagLight

Update: Attached is a simple example to show what happens when turning on an XY pad preset (an EFX in this case) with an external controller (APC40 MK2 in my case).

When you try to turn on the EFX preset from a button of an external controller, it acts kind of like a flash button, and doesn't toggle like it should.

Also (I know I mentioned this before), turn the EFX preset on by clicking it and the red X at the top right of the screen is active. Click again to turn it off and the X deactivates. However, when the preset is on, click the X to turn off everything as you normally would, and the X deactivates but the preset does not turn off.

Are these things a bug?
Attachments
XY Pad Preset Possible Bug.qxw
(2.79 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
NO, I AM NOT THE SOUNDMAN!
rajones203

I’ve noted this inconsistency before. If you use the animation widget. Those buttons function as they should with the APC.

My instinct tells me there’s a minor difference in how the preset section is written in the code. Just my best guess. And want to get the conversation started.

I would think the presets, which are pretty consistent through the VC widgets, act the same way in each widget. I would consider it a bug.
______

Russell Jones
TV Professional - EVS, Producer/Director
Lighting Hobbyist
rajones203@gmail.com