Asynchronous Functionality

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
mcasto

I'm trying to set up cues in a Cue List. I've got several situations where one function needs to continue running/playing while another function stops or starts.

For instance, I want one light to remain on while another fades out. In another place, I have an audio track that plays for several minutes. While it's playing, I need to adjust various lights and do some sound effects.

I'm at a loss how to accomplish that.

Thanks in advance.
GGGss

Welcome to the forum.
Tracing is not included in the QLC+ engine (and it is way better that way...)
Did you try chaser inside chaser? A main chaser may keep your lights on, while a sub chaser is doing its work.
The use of collections can also help you set up multiple actions at once.
Be aware that QLC+ is not a timecode machine... if the timing is important to you, I'd suggest using a DAW and sending midi or OSC codes to QLC+
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
kenact

mcasto wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:52 am I'm trying to set up cues in a Cue List. I've got several situations where one function needs to continue running/playing while another function stops or starts.

For instance, I want one light to remain on while another fades out.
How I would do that is to create two scenes, One with the light in question at the level you want, and the second with the light at the new level. Put the scenes consecutively in the Chase, and set your fade-in/fade-out values.
mcasto wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:52 am In another place, I have an audio track that plays for several minutes. While it's playing, I need to adjust various lights and do some sound effects.
Here I would do that in a Show. The Show will allow you to put the audio in the first track, and the initial lighting scene in the second track. In the second track, you'll be able to create a chase, where lights can be brought up and brought down as needed.